What should i get?

rexthegecko

So my latest question has been: Leopard gecko or chinese water dragon. If anyone could reply wich is easiest to care for and cheapest. I know i could look this up but im sure yall are more experienced than wikipedia and people i cant get direct contact to. Supply me with any info about general expenses for the two. Thank You!:):main_laugh:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
My opinion: don't get a water dragon. They get big, need a big cage and can be expensive to maintain and feed. Get a leopard gecko for a first reptile. Read care sheets, buy from a reputable breeder and keep checking care info about water dragons while you're at it as a possible acquisition after you've experienced the relative ease of a leopard gecko.

Also, when posting, please be sure you're posting in the proper sub forum (as opposed to the first one you encounter). I'm moving this one to "other herp discussion" since it's not only about leos.

Aliza

DrCarrotTail

100% agree with Aliza. A water dragon is not a great pet for a beginner. I'd go with a leo and work your way up to big things that need a serious investment in time and equipment to maintain.

Visit our friends