What should I put in it?

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Anything arboreal, really. whatever floats your boat. Are you looking for something easy to take care of and handle? Crested geckos can't be beat for that, or maybe a gargoyle geckos. They're more feisty and apt to bite than cresties, but they have great personalities. If you don't mind the occasional bite and don't feel the urge to take them out and play with them, tokays can't be beat for beauty, and they're cheap too.

What's the budget? If you can swing a few hundred bucks, leachianus are sweet geckos and get nice and big.

Chameleons are pretty sweet too, but not as hardy as most geckos.

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
A single juvie, sub-adult or adult gargoyle would work perfectly in that size of screened enclosure. Most people shy away from screened since they feel it is harder to keep humidity in, but I've never had an issue with keeping my humidity within range. I think they are perfect for gargoyles since they love to climb and can't stick very well, if at all, to glass as sub-adults or adults due to their bulk.

As for biting, only 1 of my 18 will BITE when she gets moody. The babies might give an occasional nip, but for the most part they will only nip if you startle them. Their care is very easy and straight forward for a gecko.

Their personalities are amazing, each one is so unique. All of mine are handled at least 3-4x a week and none have ever had an issue being handled. I do know a few people who have gargoyles that absolutely do not like to be handled....but if you get them young and work with them 2-3x a week then you shouldn't have a problem with handling them.

Visit our friends