What size container would you?

Gecko Boy

Hi Everyone,

What size container would you use once a hatchling has just hatched?? and would you put a small water bowl inside the cage??

Thanks,

David:D

Gecko Boy

Thanks Adam one question how long would you keep the hatchling in their for, after their first poo or shed??

MichaelJ

CelebrityGeckos.Com
We keep our hatchlings individually in their own shoebox-size sterilite container. We use moist papertowels as a substrate, with a hide and shallow water dish until they have their first poop.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I keep 1-2 hatchlings of the same size in either a shoebox size tub or 1/3 of a 20 gallon long enclosure, meaning their portion is 10"x12". When newly hatched, I have only a hide in the enclosure and mist it 2-3 times daily. After their first poo I add water dish, food bowl with a few mealworms and calcium dish. I use tile substrate for the tanks and no substrate for the tubs in the rack. I make small humid hides out of plastic baby food containers for the tanks. I don't use humid hides in the tubs because the enclosed nature of the rack raises humidity. I keep them in these enclosures until I sell them.

Aliza

Visit our friends