what size to sell baby geckos

Ravana's_Reptiles

my 1st breeding season is this coming year and i had a thought of what size should my babies be before i put them up for sell I want people who buy from me to be satisfied with a happy healthy gecko so i dont want to sell them to young or to small what is the recomended wieght size age etc thanks

cowana

You don't want to sell a hatchling before 15g at a minimum or ship one under 20g. Once it has reached those weights and it is eating well with no issues and having no bathroom problems you can put it up for sale. [emoji4]

Ravana's_Reptiles

thanks one more question i have a seven- eight month old tremper male who has totally quit eating ive been assist feeding him but i want to knw why hemay be doing this hes in a room with another tank that has 3 females i want to breed him to 1 of them next year can the scent of girl geckos make them stop eating

cowana

Quite possibly. If all of his temperatures and husbandry are matching up to what they should be and you have ruled out parasites, impaction and things like illness it is a reasonable conclusion. Males have been known to go off of feed during breeding season just like the females do. I haven't myself experienced it with a male that hasn't already been paired, so maybe another breeder can talk about it happening with males housed alone. I do know some males, will not eat or severely limit their eating when breeding though.

cowana

Also, 7-8 months is right around when a male hits sexual maturity in Leopard Geckos and this is right now the middle of the breeding season at full swing.

Although, they hit sexual maturity around 7-8 months (male) you don't want to breed until at least 1 year and 50+ grams. Same for females! [emoji3]

Last edited:

Ravana's_Reptiles

he is eating on his own again but not alot still a little bit is better than nothing im gonna change up his feeders when i go to my local show next week maybe he just got bored with mealworms and roaches

Visit our friends