• Tile

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Paper towl

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Sani Chips

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

stager

Paper towels make cleaning my racks one two three, I've used it with snakes for years. I'm big on keeping my enclosures clean, especially because there in my bed room :D

Kylerbassman

Well, the reason I use slate is because I display my set ups. In most rack systems your not able to see the Leo's without pulling out the tub unless you have a very nice rack set up like boaphiles or nice stackable's. If you have a lot of reptiles and are cleaning constantly I would think paper towels would be the way to go as it is very easy to clean. I only have 2 Leo's but if I had a rack with lots of reptiles I would use high end stick on tiles (the nice ones dont give off gas at that heat) or paper towels. Slate can be a pain if your using sand to level, unless you can find really even slate shingles or something. It really depends on what you are looking for. Easy cleaning? Or nice look? Stick on tiles are a very nice option for tubs though

SC Geckos

I only have 2 Leo's but if I had a rack with lots of reptiles I would use high end stick on tiles (the nice ones dont give off gas at that heat) or paper towels. Slate can be a pain if your using sand to level, unless you can find really even slate shingles or something. It really depends on what you are looking for. Easy cleaning? Or nice look? Stick on tiles are a very nice option for tubs though

Stick on tiles are great for tubs... as long as you don't peel the back and stick them on. It is next to impossible to get it out of the tub if you ever have to remove/replace it. Might as well just replace the tub. lol! Especially the high quality stuff because it usually comes with really good adhesive that is not designed to be removed.

Rainnovice93

I use tan shelf liner...Its very easy to wipe off..Doesn't get ruined when water gets dumped over....I was going through wayyy to many paper towels..

Kim444

I use coco husk. Its easy to replace, ànd I like to try and keep their habitat as close to nature as possible. I don`t think ceramic tiles are like nature.

Lavodnas

Slate tiles with paper towels in the corner for his "dirty business"...lol

Nooon, I've seen another pic of your tank and I like the way you made it look like he's actually in a rocky setting. Could you post a pic of the setup as a whole?

Lanem

Tile seems to be winning but it's ugly cheap looking and unnatural to the eye and the gecko reptile carpet is in my opinion inferior to the rest and seemingly the best

Tammy24

I put tile down then read it had to be textured tile or else they might slip and have trouble getting around. So I put down craft foam sheets on top of the tile. Seems to work just fine.

Gigabyte

Hi All, So right now my little gal is on repti carpet. I don't really like the repti carpet though. Everyone seems to be pretty found of slate. My only question is isn't that hard? Do the geckos develop callouses from laying on the slate a lot? I really would just like to get her something natural...

Alex

pandyana

Mine have been on slate for years and they don't have callouses on them at all. The slate tiles heat better and more evenly. I don't have the whole tank covered in slate though. I have the area over the UTH covered with the tile and the rest has paper towel. They go on the slate tile for their humid hide (which I place on the tile) and for basking. Ceramic tile I noticed is slippery and does not heat as evenly.

Hope this helps

Visit our friends