What the heck is this??!!lol

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
Ok when making my rounds today and feeding I noticed this RAPTOR has something strange going on. This baby is a cross between RAPTOR X APTOR het RAPTOR. It has normal RAPTOR eyes but its head and tail are getting black. On one of these pics you can really see the black coming through. Anybody have anythoughts on this. I thought black pigmentation could not show on a albino animal..lol Seeing that the parent were both albino how did black show through? Any ideas please let me know.

Last edited:

robin

ok im blind so maybe it's me but can you get some closer pics of the head? and tail end?

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
The third pic down shows the black on the head the best. The black just highlights the side of the face. It is hard to get the true color due to the flash, but I will definetly update pics. The tail is actually blacker then in these pics too but it shows a lavendar color here, but the black on the head is the very prominent.

robin

try outdoors photos with no flash try both direct or indirect light (but not shade) those usually work best :D

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Hmmmmm....That is very interesting. I know Trempers get darker depending on incubation temps. But does those colors look grey, an Albino shouldn't have grey coloration, should they?

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
I do not see black in this pic. I see what looks like normal darkening. Those parts, like the stripe on the tail, would have been black if it werent an albino.

On Trempers those parts are either pink or light to darker grey depending on incubation temps. The lower the temps, the darker they will be. ALL of my 'female' Trempers look like this.

It is actually a lavender-ish or light to dark grey on our geckos. Maybe the older tremper lines turned brown, but not the R/APTOR, and JGA lines so much.:p

Visit our friends