What would I get?

3_matt_215

Hi all, I’m new to leopard gecko morphs and I currently have (I think) a female Mack Snow Blizzard… I’m about to purchase a Male Diablo Blanco and was wonder what would i end up with if they bred?
below is a picture of my girl
And the male Diablo blanco marble eyes I plan on purchasing.

Attachments

• 1A08D681-4E19-4FA7-A9F7-7722195D7CD8.jpeg
    1A08D681-4E19-4FA7-A9F7-7722195D7CD8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 724A42D8-C94C-4A66-9EE6-65025242E36F.jpeg
    724A42D8-C94C-4A66-9EE6-65025242E36F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3

3_matt_215

Hi all, I’m new to leopard gecko morphs and I currently have (I think) a female Mack Snow Blizzard… I’m about to purchase a Male Diablo Blanco and was wonder what would i end up with if they bred?
below is a picture of my girl
And the male Diablo blanco marble eyes I plan on purchasing.
5EDD2BF4-3409-4ACA-A5D9-59FA2036E586.jpeg

Attachments

• 76B27C01-67ED-4868-BDF3-16C4EA38A266.jpeg
    76B27C01-67ED-4868-BDF3-16C4EA38A266.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
So your female is (possibly) Mack snow + Blizzard and your male diablo blanco is Tremper albino, eclipse, and blizzard.
Since they both have the blizzard gene, all of the offspring will be blizzard.
Since Mack snow is co-dominant, some of your offspring will be mack snow though I think it's hard to tell with blizzard if they are Mack snow.
Since albino and eclipse are recessive, all of the offspring will have a gene for both albino and eclipse, but none of the offspring will show this trait.
Is there any chance that your female is a super snow blizzard? I ask because of the dorsal stripe. If all of the offspring are Mack snow, then your female is a super snow blizzard.

If all this doesn't make sense to you, and you're not sure of the meaning of: dominant, recessive, co-dominant, polygenetic, consider waiting to breed until it does make sense. Here is an article that explains and demonstrates some of this:

Aliza

3_matt_215

So your female is (possibly) Mack snow + Blizzard and your male diablo blanco is Tremper albino, eclipse, and blizzard.
Since they both have the blizzard gene, all of the offspring will be blizzard.
Since Mack snow is co-dominant, some of your offspring will be mack snow though I think it's hard to tell with blizzard if they are Mack snow.
Since albino and eclipse are recessive, all of the offspring will have a gene for both albino and eclipse, but none of the offspring will show this trait.
Is there any chance that your female is a super snow blizzard? I ask because of the dorsal stripe. If all of the offspring are Mack snow, then your female is a super snow blizzard.

If all this doesn't make sense to you, and you're not sure of the meaning of: dominant, recessive, co-dominant, polygenetic, consider waiting to breed until it does make sense. Here is an article that explains and demonstrates some of this:

Aliza
I really appreciate the response!
I honestly have no idea as when I bought her I was told she was a year and half old blizzard… which I knew was b.s. because she was just barely 3 inches and had a skinny tail.

I understand most of the genetic traits I just get confused when it comes to determining what each animal is since some traits are somewhat similar…

I’m not at a point where I look and know what it is thanks for the help as well as the link!

Visit our friends