Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Paper towel

Votes: 160 39.7%
  • Others. (please state)

Votes: 58 14.4%

• Total voters

Kat&Rin

Leopard Gecko Girl
I'm using paper towel too. Its brown paper towel so it works well in the hide. I have an exo terra reptile den (its magnetic with a "rock" cover.) I put the paper towel in the top part of the hide.

rchase54

Hugh Hefner of Leos
I'm using paper towel too. Its brown paper towel so it works well in the hide. I have an exo terra reptile den (its magnetic with a "rock" cover.) I put the paper towel in the top part of the hide.
That is EXACTLY what I use for my moist hide. It's great for keeping in moisture, but I'm afraid that I got one that was too small. My leos have trouble getting in as it is, so I guess I'll have to get the larger one soon :/

kevinb

Noob breeder
I use the plastic baby wipe containers for my humid hides. And I have Sphagnum moss in mine. But will be trying out some eco earth to see how it holds up.

Kevin Bullis

LeoMerlin

I have a 3-in-1 cave that is used for his moist hide in between the warm and cool side of his tank. For the "substrate" of the hide I use paper towels, spaghnum moss made it too hot in his tank, or it did in the 10 gallon, don't know what it would do in the 20.

D

danielharkins

Hi All,

What would you say is the best thing to use in the moist hide? I've used some sort of moss that's available here in the UK from reptile website but she doesn't ever use it

NatalieS

I've had trouble with both paper towel and sphagnum moss losing moisture, so I must be doing something wrong. I know my house's humidity level isn't low because I have a few large aquariums. It seems like both the paper towel and moss lose their dampness within 24 hours. I tried soaking the moss then squeezing out as much water as possible, but then my male wouldn't use that hide anymore. ???

CNest

Its been a while...but when I had leos I used paper towels. Like someone else said they start to look funky. Worked well but I didn't like how they started looking. So I ended switching to coconut fiber. Made more of a mess but it held the moisture longer.

warriah

I just recently changed to coco fiber this weekend from paper towels, and also a bigger container as well. Both of my leo's love it, they are in there quite often actually.

Embrace Calamity

I only use paper towels right now, but as soon as I get paid and get a chance, I'm gonna make a more natural-looking hide with coco fiber in it. Right now we're total redneck. XD

~Maggot

Lindz0518

I use sphagnum moss, and I change it once a week (sometimes twice) and mist it everyday, and I clean the hide with mild soap once a week.

I use paper towel. Sadly Oliver never goes in there, I have to push him to go there.:(
I change it a lot, but I really don't care, as long as it does its job.

Visit our friends