which tank is better to use for a garg?

toronto420

hey guys i have a 20 gallon long and a 12x12x18. which one would be better for a garg? i'm thinking the 20 but what do you guys think? also is there any other rhacs i should consider getting? i already have a crested shes living happy in a zoomed 18x18x24. lol thanks for your time everyone

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think there could actually be a difference of opinion about that. Gargs are often considered to be semi-arborial and some people do keep them in more horizontally oriented tanks. I prefer an arboreal setting myself and from what I've seen so do my gargs. I'd go with the 12x12x18 for a single garg.

Aliza

cassicat4

I would agree^. Just be sure you have plenty of things at all levels for your garg to climb, as they don't stick to glass as well as cresties do, and benefit more from extra foliage/vines/etc.

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
I'd say it depends on the size if your garg. If it is a juvie, then 12x12x18" would be fine; however, for a sub-adult or adult I'd go larger with a 20g being the absolute smallest enclosure. You could stand the 20g upright to get more height for the garg to climb around.

Note: adult gargs can weigh up to 90 grams & be 9-10" long, so take this into consideration when putting an adult enclosure together.

Visit our friends