White out siblings?

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I just have a question about Fat tails...if they are being sold as a white out sibling, does that mean, I guess, that they have to potential to produce a white out baby, do your odds get better if you purchase 2 white out siblings, and breed them?

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
You have no chance of producing White Outs from White Out siblings. It is a codominant trait, so if it is not a visual White Out it does not carry the gene. The "White Out sibling" label is simply for informational purposes, just like some leo breeders mark babies as Enigma or Mack Snow siblings. Do not pay a premium for them, they do not carry any hidden genes.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Tony is correct. A Whiteout sibling is nothing more than a Normal.

However, since we are on the topic of siblings, Zero Siblings carry a bit more value to them. The Zero gene is very polymorphic, I have seen (on this forum) Zeros that look like normals, in the sense that have banding/normal pattern. So i believe JMG and other breeders sell Zero Sibs at a bit higher price due to the fact, it can be a VERY LOW GRADE Zero and it may just produce zeros.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Thank you SO much, you guys are AWESOME! So I guess unfortunately, I guess that means I will have to wait a few years until I can get a white out :( I am NOT paying $2000 or more that's for sure!

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
Thank you SO much, you guys are AWESOME! So I guess unfortunately, I guess that means I will have to wait a few years until I can get a white out :( I am NOT paying $2000 or more that's for sure!

White Out siblings are generally lighter than a typical AFT. You can get a small White Out for around $1000 and then the price goes up as they get bigger.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
White Out siblings are generally lighter than a typical AFT. You can get a small White Out for around $1000 and then the price goes up as they get bigger.

Yea, I did see one available for $1000, but that is just WAY too much to pay for a gecko. I'm a patient person, and I can wait it out. I do really want one REALLY REALLY badly...when they hit the $4 to 500 mark, then maybe I'll bite;) It wont be long.

Visit our friends