White Parasite in one of my feeder crickets?

Piiixls

I've had my leopard gecko for about 5 years now but I've fully taken responsibility over him for only a year so far.
Today I got really worried because I found one of my feeder crickets had two white appendages coming out of its sides right where the wings would be.
I tried looking it up whether its a known parasite or not since I get my crickets from a local family owned pet shop (not a big chain like petsmart or petco)
but I couldn't find anything..
In all my years of having him I have had many crickets randomly die even with food and water (which I usually end up blaming the pet shops way of holding the crickets before I get them.
But i have never seen anything out of the ordinary like this one cricket.
I made sure I got the cricket out of contact with all of the others, the other crickets look completely normal so i'm not sure now whether to dump them all or keep feeding the others to my gecko.

I'm going to send an image or two of the cricket with the weird appendages and an image of my Leopard gecko to show that hes healthy (ive never before had any times where hes shown signs of having parasites -loosing weight, not eating, etc.- Maybe someone out there knows whether theyre a cause for concern or not.

(P.S. Im sorry if these two images don't show a lot or at enough angles but I already killed the cricket and threw it out but I hope the issue is visible in those images.) delete.jpg delete 2.jpg delete 3.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The two white things are wings which don't appear on crickets until they are at their most mature phase. The two things that look like antennae at the back are called "cercus" and may be sense organs. There are no parasites on the cricket. Your crickets probably get eaten by the gecko before they reach that stage of development.

Aliza

Piiixls

The two white things are wings which don't appear on crickets until they are at their most mature phase. The two things that look like antennae at the back are called "cercus" and may be sense organs. There are no parasites on the cricket. Your crickets probably get eaten by the gecko before they reach that stage of development.

Aliza

I'm sorry for the late reply! I kept watch of it for the past few months and you're most likely right, I must've been getting old batches of crickets for those few weeks. Thank you.

Visit our friends