Why are rhacs slow growers?

Neill

Gecko Elements
I think im use to leos how just cruise up the grams NP. But my cresteds babies are just finally getting to a sub adult size and its been like 8 months. I started looking to see what people have wrote about sexual maturity with cresteds and i cant find any. The pair i have had for 2 years now where pretty much adults when i got them.

I read about chahoua and they said 18 months! Are cresteds along that time line?

ajveachster

About 18 to 24 months sounds right. From the research I've done, about 20 grams is when you should be able to start seeing male features with the naked eye. If you think cresties are slow, you should take a peek at leachies. They are almost double that.
We are spoiled with our leos that are usually ready at 1 year. You can have a baby hatch early one breeding season, and be pretty sure that you will be able to breed it the next season.

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
weight tracking chart

Each one is unique unto themselves. They each eats and grows at different rates, kinda like us humans. I have tracked everyone that I own since the day I acquired them or since the day they hatched out.....getting stats on them at least 2-3x a month to help monitor their health. Below is a chart tracking them every 3 months to see how they are growing and to compare them to all the others. You will note I have a few extremely fast growers and a few really slow growers.

month-by-month-comparison.jpg

Visit our friends