Why are some geckos our 'favorites'?

Why are some of your geckos more 'special' than others?

• All of my geckos are equally special.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • Their market value or cost.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Their potential for breeding purposes.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Their color or pattern.

Votes: 39 29.8%
  • Their character or personality.

Votes: 82 62.6%
  • Sentimental reasons.

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • I dunno... just a 'connection'.

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • I don't have emotional attachments to my geckos.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other. (Please explain)

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

Dragoon Gecko

I also love all of my geckos, but there are several reasons why some of my geckos have a very special place in my heart:
My stud "Anton" for example, a boy with such a sweet personality and everybodys darling. He was a little duckling when I got him 2005, and he finally turned out to one of the nicest tangerine dorsal stripes I've seen.

Another favorite is my little surviving twin female that hatched this year - I really had to fight for her life because she was so small and weak, and now she is a beautiful young lady. Everytime I handle her, she looks at me, and her eyes seem to say "Thank you!".

I also have to mention "Merlin", the sweet Mack Snow Ghost Jungle from Lottiz. He has the cutest face ever, and from the first second I saw him I was in love..

I also have a few geckos I got as gifts form very special friends. Every time I look at this geckos, they remind me on these great people behind them, and I feel honoured by their trust and their kindness..
This geckos will always have my extra-attention, and will stay with me always.

/Rebecca

KHGeckos

i love all my geckos but its obvious each one has a different personality. i have a giant that is so relaxed when i pick him up and i could def. see happiness in his face. Some of my females also i've had for almost 3 yrs and you just get attached. pretty cool.

O

okapi

My first gecko I like because she was my first.
My first giant I like because she seems to love being handled.
My giant het raptor male I like alot but I dont know why. I got him as a present for someone and ended up keeping him. Im glad it worked out that way.
My first hatchling I dont think I could ever get rid of.
My first blazing is crazy but I like him.
My first blazing hatchling is evil (really really evil) but I love her eyes.
My SS I got as a present.
My RERS I like because she is what I wanted the most.

Ccrashca069

My favorite in coloring would be Tiny. She is my Tangerine and my aviator. My favorite for personality would be Vince. I bought Vince from Juile Bergman at Gecko Ranch. From day 1, Vince let me hold him and every morning when I mist his cage he is so cute keepiong his head up licking and catching the water droplets from the mist. Then there is Zee. She is supose to be a Hi-Yellow I bought from East Bay Vivarium. She got really sick with sand impaction when I first got her. I spent alot of time every day getting her to eat and soaking her in warm water. She still lets me hold her since then and I suspect her coloring is turning more into Melanistic as she sheds. J I have liked since I picked her up from East Bay. She rested her head on my fingers as I was looking at Zee. She was so cute. So I had too get both. I got Bonnie and Clyde as rescues. Both like being picked up. Clyde likes being held more and will hide behind my neck. Clyde is a 3 year old male Melanistic. Bonnie is a pretty Hi-Yellow Lavendor. I like my Giant day geckos. I don't handle them because they are still just babies but I enjoy watching them.

In the end it all boils down too each one of my geckos are special in 1 way or anouther. I wouldn't give these kids up for anything. They are my pets first and my leopards I am going too try breeding just to try. If I have great luck then that will be a treasured bonus.

rubym

I love all of our babies but I do have a "special" girl. I have to say that my little Akashs is my favorite. She is a little fighter. We bought her 4 weeks ago from a breeder that should NEVER be allowed to look at an animal likewise ever breed one. My husband had bought a giant from him that looked ok and I had commented on the "skinny One" and he immediatly said that he would throw her in for $5.00. I am a sucker for an animal in desperate need so I went for it. By the time we got her home, she had vomited twice and had had horrible diahrrea. I called the vet on Monday and was told that I couldn't get her in until Thursday. In the mean time to try and get her to eat. I did learn to make a mean miracle slurry!!!! By the time we got her to the vet, she was down to 19 grams ( even on the slurry 6 times a day). The vet checked her out and ran tests. She had a horrible case of pin worms and she was suffering from gastroenteritis. She was put on pacur ( sp?) and an antibiotic. The vet was honest and said that she didn't hold out much hope for my baby girl. I kept giving her 4-5 CC of slurry 6 times a day and her meds for 3 weeks. Finally on November 7th she had her 1st shed and on November 9th, she ate her first cricket!!!!! We also had the scare of our lives today when she jumped from my husbands hands today and hit the floor. She was knocked out. I was in histerics and my husband felt aweful. I called the vet at the emergency number and she told us that unfortunatly if she had internal injuries there was little that could be done. We were told to watch her and hope for the best. She is up walking around and has eaten 6 silkies and had a normal B.M. My girl is a fighter and I love her just a bit more then I love all the others because she has been through so much .

leolover2

I voted other. My favorite is my first one. For that exact reason. Also she has a lot of personality and knows me. If someone is in the room she sits there but if I go into the room for a few minutes she will come out of her hide and stare I me. I could never get rid of her.

rubym

Thank you Ccrash. I think she is pretty wonderful. I am also totally delighted because we had our weekly weigh in yesterday and she is 40 grams!!!!!!! I wasn't sure i would ever see her get that big. I just got a new camera and can't wait to post a before and after picture of my girl.

Baker14

BAK3rr
My second gecko is my overall favorite gecko I have. He is calm, loves to be held, and has a great personality. He will always be special to me and I could never sell him.

Y

Yeroc62

My favorite leo is my first one, Victor. A big, chunky normal. In my eyes, he is the most special, most beautiful leopard gecko in the world. He belonged to my son who was killed tragically in a car accident 9 months ago. I inherited Victor and for sentimental reasons, I will NEVER part with him. He bred with my SHTCTB last season and they produced 13 beautiful babies, who either live with me or have been given as gifts to people who were close to my son. My second favorite is one of their offspring (who's clutchmate had to be put down due to multiple birth defects). My little Tigger was hatched eyeless, and now is thriving. She takes a little more time to care for, with hand-feeding and all, but she is definately worth it!! She's a little fighter. The vet said that her blindness is her only handicap and with a little extra care and attention, there's no reason she can't have a long, happy life.

Baker14

BAK3rr
Hey Denise, I REALLY lvoe Victor. He is such a large boy and has great patterns and colors! HE has to be one of my favorites aswell! My other favorites are my first and second leopard geckos. My firs one passed away about a year ago. SHe was a very beautiful normal. My second gecko is my 21/23 year old tremper albino male who has the sweetest personality Ive ever seen. He has never bitten, barked, hissed, or anything to me. I will also never part with him.

tangerineman

LizardThing Geckos
geckos

yeah, for me it's character of the geckos; personality...

I collected color morphs i liked anyway, except for th first two that got me started in this....

some of my sweetest geckos are the matriarch eclipse mother of all my eclipses and eclipse hets, besides cranking out 21 eggs no problem, she is big and beautiful, and looks forward to me taking her out, she hates to be put back..lol

a couple others are some i made connections with that just came along; an albino mack snow and her albino mack daughter , both sweet geckos...

my super snow and SSTA, both seem like a different species altogether, unafraid, and very calm, e ven right after hatching, never hisssing ever!!!

my red stripe , and my solid black eyed eclipses are also very nice geckos...

I like the few males i have because they are more aggressive and can tolerate a little more , but they are not as calm and nice as the rest

shadowx362

Excellent Geckos
well My first female is my Favorite gecko. I always thought of her better than her "husband" because I bought them both at the same time and it happened that the Male bit me and tared some skin so i was a little pissed but now I wouldn't trade or sell any of the two. My third and fourth favorite is my Hypo female that i got at petco when she was only 4 grams now she is 39G and still growing. My last super favorite is my little Violet she is my only hatchling that i kept. I had to pull her out of the available section because there was something about her that I loved. She is a "Midget" she gains weight but very slow I think? she is about 3 1/2 months old and only 14G. hopefully she grows nice and big like her dad and is showing to because in the last weeks she has gained 1/3 of her original weight. well that leaves my other geckos which i love but not as much as the four musketeers. well i hope you enjoy my little speech :zzz: :gossip:

KTyne

Kayla
My favorite Gecko is Gaia. She was my first Reptile, my first Gecko, and she is just lovely! She has a wonderful little personality and I love her chunky little self. <3

Ghostoftangerine17

ヒョウモントカゲモドキ
I only have two and they're both "favorites" :p Dango is my sweet Jungle who is very friendly and Mitarashi is a Leo I bought for her beautiful color :) Also Dango was a birthday gift from my boyfriend which makes her my favorite favorite ;)

lozza.bella

I chose 'I dunno...... Just a Connection' Because for whatever the connection is, personality, sentimental, shear pride and beauty, they are all connections. Freya, is a beautiful stripe eclipse I've had for years that surprised me with a redstripe this season, she is so chilled out and big and lazy, I couldn't ever part with her. When I picked Freya up, I was offered a 2yr old Mack enigma as pet only and I said yes, Princess Purdita is so beautiful and my poster girl, she is a beautiful girl to look at a joy to handle and love munching treats while she sits on your hand, shoulder, knee, arm... ect, and she chirrups, like she is so contented with everything you do for her.
All my geckos are special in some different than others. And it would be very hard to part with any of them. I love my W&Y as much as my regular Stripe, all for different reasons. They are pets first and foremost and are bought because I want their beauty in my collection, if I breed them then that is a bonus, I have some projects, but the original founders will always stay with me..... :)

GexPex

I chose "personality". I have 9 leopard geckos currently, and I have to say that my favorite ones are Gibbs (a normal), Abby (super hypo), and Hank (super snow)...all three come right up to the cage door and willingly climb out onto my hand and sometimes up to my shoulder. Even though Hank is the newest of the bunch, he's already warmed up to me and is just as friendly as can be. They each have their own different personality. If all looked the same, I'd still be able to pick them out and say "That's so-and-so...This one is __...etc." Heck, I've even been able to do that with fish that all looked the same but acted differently lol.

Visit our friends