Why is she trying to 'rob' me of help?

Taesolieroy

Freelance Artist
Earlier this month I posted an auction for two sketchbooks for a reason that I couldn't avoid.

I had to visit the doctor on an emergency trip to get a new inhaler, because as we all know, allergy season this year has been really nasty, and I have asthma that's triggered by cardiac activity and allergies - so basically every time I have a coughing fit I need to puff the inhaler to reopen my lung passages. It's been going like this all month.

Due to the extreme bill amount - because I have no insurance - I had to borrow money from my folks and I know I would need to pay them back pronto, BUT rent and car insurance would wipe my bank out if I tried to pay for it all at once.

So as a hopeful remedy for paying off the med bills and start saving for the next refill that'll sink me $185 alone, I put up two sketchbooks with a high-page number on both my Deviantart and Furaffinity (don't worry, 99% of my account is clean there and stuff that isn't is in tasteful light) in hopes that the both of them will combine totals to pay the bills.

Well.. a friend of mine on DA apparently got the smart idea to post an auction of her own with a sketchbook of less page count for the sake of "There'll be some time before I can do commissions so I'm posting this as something to do in the meantime." Nothing about needing the money or anything.

What tipped me off as a possible rip? She visited my account page first and posted her stuff 20 min later with ALMOST THE EXACT SAME TERMS AND TIER LEVELS - Including *drumroll* the little special I put in as an extra thanks to the person who bid past my listed tiers.

Oh my what a surprise, instead of trying to help a friend in need she went and posted her own in boredom. Now we're both 2 days left on the auctions and I'm $75 short of my goal of $300 minimum to just pay this bill alone between the two books, and she's skyrocketed suddenly to $800.

I had been hoping to be able to use the money to pay off current bills and save for future doctor visits, but with that in my face every other day.. I might as well not exist for anyone..

Taesolieroy

Freelance Artist
At the time I found out, there were already bids made and I couldn't find a way to contact her without sounding like a right little whiny prick about it.

Dimidiata

Ah. Thats not a good position either way. Anyway you can postpone your bid until after hers is done, that way any bidders who dont win on her book can hit up yours, not sure how the exacts of DA and FA work, havnt been on DA in a while.

Taesolieroy

Freelance Artist
Unfortunately I can't delay myself either, as my folks expect the payment by the beginning of next month, same time as my rent, which is hefty on it's own with my current income and low work hours.

metal-otaku

metal's my trade
i really wouldn't call that a friend. :/ i got several watchers on my da, got a link? i'll cross post you and feature you on my journal.

Taesolieroy

Freelance Artist
We used to talk frequently a while back, hence how the friendship happened.

I had been meaning to post a link, and I will include that I can extend to the sketchbook being filled with animal portraits of your pets. With the current bids, it's not far off from having the majority of them colored with pencil at this point -

http://callairah.deviantart.com/#/d4zfk9k

metal-otaku

metal's my trade
sadly i'm broke or i'd totally bid. got to save for a possible vet visit. we had a little vistor find his way to my in-progress leo cage today. a baby bird not quite ready to fly. but more than happy to try and help solicit bids. :3 i'll also do a link on my group page, even if it's for fish i've got over 500 watchers on that too.

metal-otaku

metal's my trade
bf is into the birds, he believes it's a sparrow. and he's actually the one to find it. and thought i had put it in my tank on the porch for safe keepings. i found out when he said he was going to feed my other pet and i was confused. we have horrible neibor kids who treat animals poorly so now it's in the house. wrapped up with water a heat lamp and rags for a nest. and i do hope you get the bids you need

Taesolieroy

Freelance Artist
Very odd then, but I'm not surprised about the neighborhood kids.. We've got a real trip of a kid nearby and I'm having suspicions he might have taken off with my two boxes of crickets I was supposed to receive today (ordered them early morning yesterday) for my geckos.

Thank you again for the assistance!

metal-otaku

metal's my trade
you are most welcome i do hope it helps. and i say spank the kid if you catch'em in your yard or porch. ;) poor crickets are gonna wish they were leo food prob compared to what that kid does to them

Taesolieroy

Freelance Artist
Oh he's done worse, he spread lies once about my sugar gliders being dead because they fell down a sewer drain, when that really didn't happen at all. He tried talking to me later asking about the gliders and I snapped at him telling him to bugg off and I'm not saying anything to him again in the future.

Sheesh, 12 years old and he's had the police to his house more times than I can remember.

metal-otaku

metal's my trade
i'd snap too. i got a little lair that comes around alot to, but his are harmless, usually trying to make himself look cool. *eye roll* you has sugar gliders too? my best friend has 8. she rescues and rehomes alot. they are very cute. and very high maintenance. makes reptiles look easy peasy.

Taesolieroy

Freelance Artist
Haha, I have two gliders, a rescued female from an impulse buy, and a male from a breeder (neutered of course, while everyone at work is asking for possible babies, not likely to happen).

Odd though, I find my pair pretty easy going, though probably helped that they've been socialized over the year and a half I've had them to the point they'll go down just about anyone's shirt in public XD They're fine being on their own a couple nights at a time due to work, but always happy to bond-snuggle and are excellent for demonstrations and teachings in public. The male, Thony, is the strongest jumper and the most tightly bonded due to his shy nature.

The Gecko Person

Oh he's done worse, he spread lies once about my sugar gliders being dead because they fell down a sewer drain, when that really didn't happen at all. He tried talking to me later asking about the gliders and I snapped at him telling him to bugg off and I'm not saying anything to him again in the future.

Sheesh, 12 years old and he's had the police to his house more times than I can remember.
Use this:
gardening-basics_adjustable-spray-nozzle_s4x3_lg.jpg

Taesolieroy

Freelance Artist
Haha if I tried he'd find a way to shoot me back with a bigger one.

The crickets did arrive though, so it was a case of delayed shipment ¬.¬ However, the ants found the apples (much better than moldy potato chunks like the last shipment XP) and I had to battle for half an hour to get them out of the lower case so I can dump the crickets into their container, which surprisingly does well in keeping the smell in for a simple setup.. I'll still need to stand vigil for stray ants coming out though, don't need another infestation like we had last year.. At least my geckos now have a month supply of larger crickets ^_^ Last order was too small and they went through that faster because they had to eat more to get the equivalent of 7 larger 1/2" crickets.

Nathel will be very much happy to have a fuller belly than the regulated 7-8 crickets per scoop in 2 scoops a night sessions.

The Gecko Person

Haha if I tried he'd find a way to shoot me back with a bigger one.

The crickets did arrive though, so it was a case of delayed shipment ¬.¬ However, the ants found the apples (much better than moldy potato chunks like the last shipment XP) and I had to battle for half an hour to get them out of the lower case so I can dump the crickets into their container, which surprisingly does well in keeping the smell in for a simple setup.. I'll still need to stand vigil for stray ants coming out though, don't need another infestation like we had last year.. At least my geckos now have a month supply of larger crickets ^_^ Last order was too small and they went through that faster because they had to eat more to get the equivalent of 7 larger 1/2" crickets.

Nathel will be very much happy to have a fuller belly than the regulated 7-8 crickets per scoop in 2 scoops a night sessions.

That's good that you got the crickets.

Also, Use this:
FireHoseStreams.jpg

Visit our friends