why wont he go in cold hide?

do4358db

High yall. I've had my leapord gecko several months, and it has been going pretty good. He is eating well, sheds normally, and if fine with being "baited" with food to climb on my arm (hasn't gotten comfortable enough for me to just pick him up yet.) The reason I'm on here is because he absolutely refuses to use his cool hide. He spends almost his entire time in the moist hide (center back) the warm hide (left forward) or the "natural" hide (back left, made of fake plants and driftwood. Temps range from mid 70s on cool side to mid 90s on hot spot (front left). I'm wondering if there are any experts on here with advice. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if he is just being picky. Thank you

Attachments

• 20200921_235322.jpg
    20200921_235322.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I find that many of my geckos develop a fondness for a particular location and will stay there for a long time. Sometimes after awhile they pick a different favorite place. I think it's just your gecko being gecko!

Aliza

Margi San Diego

High yall. I've had my leapord gecko several months, and it has been going pretty good. He is eating well, sheds normally, and if fine with being "baited" with food to climb on my arm (hasn't gotten comfortable enough for me to just pick him up yet.) The reason I'm on here is because he absolutely refuses to use his cool hide. He spends almost his entire time in the moist hide (center back) the warm hide (left forward) or the "natural" hide (back left, made of fake plants and driftwood. Temps range from mid 70s on cool side to mid 90s on hot spot (front left). I'm wondering if there are any experts on here with advice. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if he is just being picky. Thank you
My leopard gecko only goes to the cold side to chase a mealworm or poop. I think they naturally prefer the warm side since they are desert lizards.

Visit our friends