Will this LED light bother my gecko?

Kaisos

So I typically keep a ton of aquariums and never tried reptiles. So in order for the the girlfriend to be okay with another tank I had to tear down one aquarium to make room for my new terrarium and future leopard gecko.

What I have planned is to use a shade dweller uvb with a deep heat projector

However, I also have this pretty sweet light from my old tank that I did not want to go to waste, so I thought I'd try to go for a bioactive set up and use this LED for plant growth. 51Pm3kx1e7L._AC_SY580_.jpg It mimics sunrise, sunset etc. It is dimmable and I can adjust the red, yellow, white, and blue light to my liking and set a timer with the phone app it had come with it. I know leopard geckos don't do well with colored bulbs but what about removing red and blue from my lights (setting them to zero) and just keeping my white and yellow on dimmed? Are the Kelvins too high still even if I dimmed it to 50%? Thank you in advance.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In my opinion, as long as the heat from the light doesn't make the air so hot and dry that it dehydrates the gecko, it should be fine. I'd recommend planting succulents, maybe putting them in little pots so you can take them out and drench the outside of the enclosure when they need to be watered.

Aliza

Visit our friends