JJ14

Hi I’m new to the reptile community. I recently had bought my first baby super snow Leo. I’m not sure exaclty how old he/she but I had bought from big apple herp. Since I got the Leo, he/she was in the cool hide for the first 2 days. didn’t eat on the first day, but on the second day I noticed he was still in the cool hide thru ther day and nite, so when the night came I took out everything in the tank, and put my hand to see if he/she would crawl on me. It did! After that day he/she was eating regularly about 7 crickets everyday till today but ever since he/she has not left it’s hot hide at all. The temperature of the mat is programmed at 96 degrees. Then warm side is between mid 80s. And then cool side is about 75-79 degrees. Overall temperature of the tank is 75 degrees and the humidity is around 40-42% with a dehumidifier since I live in south Florida it gets very hot and humid. It would sleep in the daytime and nighttime In there. Eats fine, doesn’t really get scared of me anymore, but he just doesn’t want to in the cool or shed hide. I’m worried there might be something wrong with my Leo. Anything would help thank you. Also one last thing I’ve noticed his skin is a bit more duller and dark, also has some red on skin. I put him in warm water yesterday in case he is shedding and he did look more vibrant.

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's not unusual for juvenile leos to spend most of their time hiding. They also tend to fall in love with certain hides and stay there. Check the temperatures under the hide because sometimes the hide traps the heat and it can be really hot. If it's above the low 90's you may need to turn the heat down. I had a gecko once who spent all her time hiding under a small planter in the enclosure and it turned out she was getting burns on her tail, so I had to change things.

Aliza

Visit our friends