Wondering About Possible Morphs

ZTYguy

Recently I acquired a breeding ready Blazing Blizzard female for my first season (along with my normal female). My only male is a Normal Morph weighing in a 89-91 grams and I was wondering if there is a name for this pairing or if I need to wait and see or do I just list the offspring as normal x blazing blizzard. Sorry if this is irrelevant but I’m a bit of a noob to breeding however I think I’ll catch on relatively quickly.

Attachments

• 8A324B0C-7962-4ECF-A850-21299D5BF956.jpeg
    8A324B0C-7962-4ECF-A850-21299D5BF956.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 1EFA2FBB-4E88-47BC-8735-D6A2874A0EF7.jpeg
    1EFA2FBB-4E88-47BC-8735-D6A2874A0EF7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
A blazing blizzard is Tremper albino + blizzard. Both these genes are recessive. If you pair this female with your normal male, you're right that they would all look normal but would also all have a gene for Tremper albino and for blizzard. The correct way to say it would be "normal het for blizzard and Tremper albino". Often, when a normal gecko has a gene for blizzard they end up with tiny spots, so you may get some good looks. If you breed one of your male offspring back to the mother you will get albinos, blizzards, normals and blazing blizzards.

Aliza

ZTYguy

A blazing blizzard is Tremper albino + blizzard. Both these genes are recessive. If you pair this female with your normal male, you're right that they would all look normal but would also all have a gene for Tremper albino and for blizzard. The correct way to say it would be "normal het for blizzard and Tremper albino". Often, when a normal gecko has a gene for blizzard they end up with tiny spots, so you may get some good looks. If you breed one of your male offspring back to the mother you will get albinos, blizzards, normals and blazing blizzards.

Aliza
Thanks you! I’m slowly learning more about morphs and breeding. Im also interested in the Diablo Blanco morph so I’d be interested in trying to acquire the necessary geckos to breed with her. Question, I know that I would need an eclipse or if that is wrong the what would I need.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Take a look at reptilecalculator.com. They break down each morph so you'll see what makes up a diablo blanco.

Aliza

Visit our friends