wood roaches as feeders?

R

rhactasticva

Has anyone ever used wood roaches as feeders, and is it recommended? I have a small colony of them and would like to know before I even attempt to feed any to my satanic so as to avoid any harm that could be done by feeding an inappropriate food item

N

Nigel4less

What is the scientific name of them? Because in Roaches a Common name doesn't do much good as they are interchangeable.

R

rhactasticva

the scientific name is "Parcoblatta zebra", the banded wood roach. when in the juvenile stage they appear small enough to feed to a satanic. but as i said before, i want to know if they are a variety of roach that is safe and or recommended as a feeder for satanics?

N

Nigel4less

Honestly, if they are captive Bred and free of pesticides. I don't see why you couldn't they appear small enough, I wish I could help more but I don't work with any Parcoblatta species.

Lena

I question all things.
Personally, I'd want a nutritional analysis. They might be too high or too low in something to make a good staple. Also, you want to make sure they don't contain toxic levels of anything.

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
you might have to get a nutritional analysis done yourself.

i doubt there is a nutritional analysis already done for the wood roach.

imo, there is probably no problem with using them as a feeder. a good place to talk to the experts would be arachnoboards.com

R

rhactasticva

it was informative,but was in regards to a different species of roach. but ido thank you greatly anyway

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
No problem :). I read the word Wood roaches and assumed you meant Nauphoeta cinerea. hope you find the info you need.

Visit our friends