Worried About Breeding Male

Swaqqums

I have this Male Leopard Gecko who is 71 grams and his morph is a Super Raptor but I am worried about breeding him because he has somewhat of an Enigma Syndrome. I am planning on pairing about 4 females with him and this will be my second breeding season. He usually is fine but sometimes star gazes and walks funny especially if he is under stress. Is this normal and do you think I should breed him especially if I am having a fair amount of hatchlings. Also is there any explanation because he does not have Enigma or White and Yellow and his pairing was a Total Eclipse het Tremper x Total Eclipse het Tremper. Thanks.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's hard to know. The author of the article in Gecko Time (https://geckotime.com/enigma-syndrome/) that wrote about enigma syndrome apparently feels that this is not necessarily limited to enigmas but I don't really know of non enigmas that show it. If you wanted to be super careful, you would choose another male. On the other hand, you could breed him this season and see how they turn out. I have a female that I bred for several years that seemed to have a problem with her back legs. Interestingly, I did produce some geckos with a similar problem on occasion, but none of them came from her. Go figure.

Aliza

Elisha9

I have this Male Leopard Gecko who is 71 grams and his morph is a Super Raptor but I am worried about breeding him because he has somewhat of an Enigma Syndrome. I am planning on pairing about 4 females with him and this will be my second breeding season. He usually is fine but sometimes star gazes and walks funny especially if he is under stress. Is this normal and do you think I should breed him especially if I am having a fair amount of hatchlings. Also is there any explanation because he does not have Enigma or White and Yellow and his pairing was a Total Eclipse het Tremper x Total Eclipse het Tremper. Thanks.
After a read online. It can be passed on. So basically no, don’t breed him as you’re just passing it on the the offspring, and then people will have Leo’s with with the same problem which isn’t fair for them or the Leo’s.

Visit our friends