Yellow spotted gecko

Lonnabaxter

Hi! I’m new here.. I have a yellow spotted gecko. I am not sure if I am taking care of him properly.. I have had him for 6 months and he has not grown much since then. Right now, he only eats dried crickets and mealworms but doesn’t seem to be taking to that very well. I need some help on where to start please!!!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Is your yellow spotted gecko a leopard gecko? If you're not sure, post a picture. If it is a leopard gecko, it will prefer live food that moves. It will also need an under tank heater so the floor on one side is in the low 90's and some calcium and Vitamin D3 supplements. Start with a picture and we'll go from there.

Aliza

Lonnabaxter

Is your yellow spotted gecko a leopard gecko? If you're not sure, post a picture. If it is a leopard gecko, it will prefer live food that moves. It will also need an under tank heater so the floor on one side is in the low 90's and some calcium and Vitamin D3 supplements. Start with a picture and we'll go from there.

Aliza
051C55A0-4CC1-4D8F-BA9B-FF18F0489CF7.jpeg

Lonnabaxter

Thanks for the advice. I do believe he’s a leopard gecko. I have the heated pad on one side, calcium, and I just switched him to live crickets (which he seems to love). I’ll have to look into the supplements!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Yes, that's a leopard gecko. Make sure the calcium has vitamin D3 as well or it won't do the gecko any good. Look into Repashy Calcium Plus which is an all-in-one supplement. You will likely need a thermostat for the heat pad so it won't get too hot (Zilla has a reasonably priced one).

Aliza

Visit our friends