1.0 Orange Harlequin Dalamtion

shico

NP-REPTILES
Hey guys,

on saturday, i got my new crested gecko.
Orange Harlequin Dalmation.

What do you mean?

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
I wouldnt call him an orange harley, harley yes but he would be considered a standard. When it comes down to the patterning, you dont name the color off except on cream on creams, and mocha and creams. If the base gets dark, like nearly back, then you could hv a halloween harley on your hands, but it also depends on the intensity of the orange coloring, if it is a nice vibrant orange, or if it is more yellowie, then again it is considered a standard and not a halloween. He also doesnt look like he has enough spots to really qualify to be a dalmatian, this title is reserved for geckos who have 25+ spots, otherwise it is either over looked, or you would state it as a harley with dalmatian spotting.

But aside from all the technical stuff, he is cute :)

shico

NP-REPTILES
@ Wes,

his actually weight is 20g and hes hatched on 20.08.2010

here is a better pic. ( fire up )

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
Would still just say a harley :)

When giving a color to a morph, it is based upon the base color, so an orange harley would be a gecko with an orange base, and more than likely would end up with yellow to cream markings. Basically think of a creamsickle, this is an orange base flame or harley. I myself dont like the term creamsicle, but it is an orange harley/orange flame.

Your gecko is unfired in those pics, so it is hard to actually state what your gecko is since the base color is unfired and grey. But in the first photo his base is a bit darker, so I dont know if that is him fully fired or not. To get him to fire up, if you have a deli container laying around, put in luke warm (not hot) wet paper towel, and stick him somewhere dark for 5-10 minutes. This will cause him to fire up, then you can get pics of what he looks like, will give a better idea on what morph coloration he truly is.

This is a good traits guide over on pangea, actually there are alot of good guides that have been made over there. When you get to the dalmatians you will see there are some with a few spots, you name it but it isnt a dalmatian. If you look at the second row of geckos that say by thongwedgie (which is me over there), that gecko on the left wold be considered a standard harley with dalmatian spotting. She isnt quite fully fired, she gets a bit darker, but her base is not dark enough to really push her into any category. Also her dorsal is too yellow to be a blonde, and too yellow to be a halloween. So you can see it can get rather confusing with those in between geckos. Also farther down in that thread in the kneecap section you will see a "creamsicle", and there is also one in the porthole section to give you an idea on what is considered an orange harley.
http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38560

Metal_Gecko

Gecko Ninja
..........Soooooooo when you gettin more!? :D

I'm getting a unsexed yellow Tiger baby tomorrow, and *should* be getting a 40gram adult female yellow/cream Dalmatian some time next week. :)

-Wes

shico

NP-REPTILES
this will be the first and the last crested gecko.
He is the highlight in the living-room. :D

All the other reptiles have a room for themself! ;)

Visit our friends