100% het?

tdemp

how can you tell if something is 100% het? you have to prove it? how do you prove it if thats what you gotta do?

thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
2 ways: if you prove it, then obviously you know it's 100% het. The other way works for simple recessive and dominant. If you breed a gecko with 2 dominant genes (a normal, for example) to a gecko with 2 recessive genes (an albino, for example), all the offspring will be het for albino because they'll get one recessive gene from the parent with the 2 recessive genes. I hope this makes sense.
Aliza

S

supperlxyx

for example if we would talk about het Albino. You would proof it with breeding to an Albino (look at the different strains). If you get Albinos your het is proffed to be 100% het.

hope could help^^

Sandra

tdemp said:
and this works the same with macks right?

and thanks for the replies
Macks are co-dominant, that means the hets are visible (Mack Snows are hets, and Super Snows are homozygous). Since you can tell them apart, you don't use de percentage system with Macks.

Sandra

tdemp said:
oh ok so mack snow het albino is always 100% there are no 66% het or anything?
No no, it's not like that. I thought you refered only to the Mack snow morph. Albinism works the same on all morphs, you can still have 100% hets or 66% possible hets either on Macks, normals, blizzards... They are two different things.

Sorry if I misled you.

tdemp

oh ok, so there is only one way to tell if a mack is 100% het for albino and that is to prove it by breeding it?

sorry for all the questions lol

dprince

Mod Squad Member
tdemp said:
oh ok, so there is only one way to tell if a mack is 100% het for albino and that is to prove it by breeding it?

sorry for all the questions lol

Exactly. You can't *look* at a mack and know that it's het for albino (or which strain of albino, LOL). It's like looking at people with brown eyes - you can't tell if one of their parents had blue eyes, right?

And it's really good to ask questions, no need to apologize. ;)

Last edited:

Visit our friends