1C and 2C hypo?

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
If your asking in regards to that link that was posted earlier for the genetic calculator, It is posted at the bottom of the page 1c=het 2=homozygous. But i dont see how it makes sense...because if you set it so only one of the leos is 2c then they are all enigmas...so i think 2c only applies if they both carry the genes, even though your applying 2c only to one of the leos. Sorry i confused you. haha

Wandering Paddle

1 copy and 2 copy. they arent real genetic terms so pay no mind to them. The genetic terms are heterozygous and homozygous.

As fas as a sunglow goes it depends on the line of hypomelanism and whether or not it is a dominate/ co-dominate trait or if it is polygenic (in which case it would be neither)

Gazz

[1C] = 1 COPY = (HETEROZYGOUS).As in it's carrying one copy of the gene.So you get 50% of the morph in question.
[2C] = 2COPY = (HOMOZYGOUS).As in it's carrying two copys of the gene.So you get 100% of the morph in question.

[1C] and [2C] is a term used for dominant traits.In stead of useing the term (HET) and (HOMO).

Example in stead of.

Talbino normal X (HET)Hypo = .

Normal HET Talbino.
(HET)Hypo HET Talbino.

you'd say.

Talbino normal X [1C]Hypo = .

Normal HET Talbino.
[1C]Hypo HET Talbino.

People get confused when you say a [1C] dominant morph is (HET).Coz visually they are still the trait they are (HET) For.

A (HET) Hypo look just the same as a (HOMO).

Visit our friends