2009 GECKOFORUMS.NET CALENDAR PHOTO CONTEST IS HERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Well, it's almost September... and time to start our 2009 GeckoForums.net Calendar Photo Contest!!! GET YOUR PHOTOS ENTERED NOW! Holiday themes seem to be the favorites, so get creative!

We will need a total of 12 winning photos, one for each month of the year to get our 2009 calendar published, and everyone will be able to purchase a copy of the calendar through the GeckoForums.net Online Store. They will make GREAT Holiday gifts!

All photos entered will be collected and posted by the month in which they were entered, then voted on by the rest of the GF members in a poll. The winners will receive a FREE GeckoForums.net calendar!

The contest ends on October 1, 2008.

RULES:

1. All original photos must be submitted in 300 pixels per inch (118 pixels per cm) resolution.

2. All original photos must be submitted in 8.5 x 11 inch (21.6 x 27.9 cm) format.

3. Photos may be resized for posting here of GF.

4. Photos cannot have watermarks or other labels (company names) printed on them.

5. Members may only submit only ONE photo for each month of the year. For example, you may post one photo for December, one photo for January, one photo for April, etc., for a total of 12 photos per member. Photo entries should be posted on this thread.

6. All photo entries MUST be submitted with the month labeled for which they are entered. For example, when you post a photo, you will need to state which month of the year the photo is entered for.

7. If photos do not meet the size and resolution requirements, they will be disqualified from being entered in the contest.

8. All acceptable entries will be then posted on individual month threads on this forum as a poll where members can then vote on the photo they like best to represent each month for the 2009 calendar. The winner for each month will have their photo published in the calendar!

9. All winning photos will have the name of the photographer published with the calendar photo, but GeckoForums.net will have sole and exclusive rights for the publication of the calendar.

We have some SUPERB photographers here on GeckoForums.net, so let's see what you can do!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

StinaKSU

May photos be larger than the requirements, or do they have to be exactly that size?

Where do we send/post the photos?...

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
May photos be larger than the requirements, or do they have to be exactly that size?
They need to be sized for 8.5 x 11 to fit the calendar.
Where do we send/post the photos?...
Postr the pics on this thread, with the month you are entering them for. The 12 winning photos will then be sent to me to make the calendar.

bubblez825

I have no idea how to resize my pix.......is that a problem or can i send them to u and u can do it or can u tell me how to do it..........???????????

Emily

T

TaylorKun

Am I correct in seeing the deadline is in October of 2009? Is the calendar for 2010?

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
So, I'm having a hard time finding stuff for any season other than Autumn....lol. Guess I'll hae to shop for the photo shoot all year next year.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
You can submit only one photo per calendar month, but it doesn't have to be 12 photos. You can submit onnly one photo if you wnat!

Photoshopping is OK, but we are really looking for some great photographs, and not artwork.

elphani

Where are all the pics? I want to see GECKOS GECKOS GECKOS... :D

So I will begin with this one for May (a cooperation with Rebecca, Dragoon Gecko):

fotocontestmai700xvi8.jpg

G

GEKO-leko

September!
DSC02905.jpg

Back to school!!!!:main_yes:

August!
DSC02913.jpg

Coconut!:main_yes:

I got the pics just in time! He shedded the day after!:main_laugh:

G

GEKO-leko

PLEASE IGNORE THE POST ABOVE I HAVE RESIZED THE PICS!:eek:
september
august.jpg

August
september.jpg

:main_laugh: :main_laugh:

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
The cover will not have any photos. Please submit pics for a specific month, and make sure the originals do not have any water marks or company names. Thanks!

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
So the pictures need to be 8.5 x 11 inches, correct? Because that would make them longer than wide, and I thought they would need to be wider than they are long? I looked at last year's winners, and the pictures were wider than they are long as well. Just wanted to double check, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends