5 month old died unexpectedly

ValMarley08

I had three 5 month olds here from this past season and they were starting to get rather big so I switched the size crickets I was feeding. I went from smalls to mediums/large. The crickets were not bigger than their heads so I didnt think it would be a problem. I have never had an issue with gaging the size I feed to them. I came to check on them today and one was dead. I feel so bad. It looks like they had a hard time digesting because the stomach was big. Has anyone ever had this problem? I am switching back to smalls for a while so I can make sure the others two dont have an issue. I just feel so bad.

SC Geckos

Sorry for your lose.
A Cricket that is close to the size of a geckos head is a pretty large feeder. When I feed crickets I don't feed any that are larger than the with between the geckos eyes.
Also the bloated stomach (Could) be from gasses being released after the animal passed away and not from the feeders. Without having a vet look at the gecko to determine a cause of death you may never know. It may be something you want to look into. Again, sorry for your loss.

Visit our friends