5 year old rainwater female - Lansing Michigan - MBD needs rehabilitation

Knibitz

Pet Owner
After months of vet bills and heart ache, I've come to a point to where I just don't believe I can continue to provide the expert care my leo needs.
I've had her for about 3 years and after moving to Michigan a year ago, she started eat less, and then nothing. None of her conditions have changed, she still lives in the same tank.

She has been to Cedar Creek Veterinary Clinic in Williamston, Michigan where she was diagnosed with MBD, given a shot of calcium and put on a diet of rehabilitation food and liquid calcium.
I have tried to ween her back onto solid food for months and she continues to refuse, and the Veterinarian keeps telling me it may take time, to try different foods, etc... nothing is working.

I have considered to have her put down, but the veterinarian insists that she can improve with time. But all I'm seeing is weight loss.

She can still walk fine, but she is thin. She's not quite skin and bone, but her once very fat tail is now much thinner. She is still active when handled and very very friendly, but when left alone in her tank she stays in her cave on her warm spot.

I'm asking for someone with more experience and education to take her and either attempt to rehabilitate her or humanely euthanize her if that is what needs to be done.

I can't feel right making the decision to have her euthanized, myself, with my veterinarian telling me that she can improve.

I am not wiling to ship her, given her poor health, but I would be willing to meet someone at the upcoming michigan reptile expo.

I just ask that she go to someone EXPERIENCED and WILLING to try to help her. I will NOT give her to a first time owner and I will NOT give her to anyone with upcoming life changes (moves, new baby, etc)

Please contact me via private message if you can help, or know someone who can.

Visit our friends