7 months old. 12 grams. 4 inches.

Lilromeo

I got a gecko in october, she was four months old, She shed her skin only once since I got her to this date. She hasn't changed in color and I haven't noticed her grow.. Earlier this week, I determined she is actually a he.

I did a ton of research for months before getting her/him. But I feel you'd all know best. I'd like help with info, and suggestions. I'd also like help identifying the morphs of my 2 geckos. please help

Here is the one I was talking about
View attachment 44590

Here is my newer, young male.
View attachment 44591

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
Info and suggestions on what, their morphs? Both pics are pretty bad and hard to give an accurate morph on them but the top could be a patternless, and the bottom a flame. However clearer shots of the sides really would be needed as a fine line is the difference between a flame and a harley, and an unfired tiger can sometimes look like a patternless.

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
Age and size dont go hand in hand with this species, some grow quickly, most dont. Thats why when asking things you dont see people going "how old is it" instead we ask what is the weight, gives a better idea on the size of the animal in question. Most of these guys do not fully mature until around 18+ months of age, some take upwards of 2 years to reach full size, and in rare instances some reach adult size at 12 months. I have had 1 do this in the many years I have been working with them, she was 35g at just barely under a year, and she has maxed out into the high 40's by 15 months, fed the same way as the others, she simply grew quicker, and that is a rare case. With these guys slow growth is better than fast growth as most often fast growth is due to being fed a lot of protein, or more sugary foods, my Creme Brulee was neither of these, she just grew just because. So dont fret if you have a slow grower, so long as they are eating you are fine.

Lilromeo

Problem is. I'll give baby food, stawberry, or fruits similar to ones in new caldonia, they'll take one lick and walk away. only time they eat is when I get crickets. once a month

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
That is actually a good thing baby food even as a treat is a terrible choice, adds extra sugars they do not need in their diet. Just stick with CGD and insects, and I'd you want to try a treat try a fruit flavored CGD or simply take something like a mango, Toss itin the blender with a little extra water and offer that once a week tops as a great. Really CGD is what they need. Again quick growth doesn't mean it is good growth, pilling in high calorie foods like baby foods isn't a balanced meal for them and they will be missing out on the good nutrition in the CGD

Visit our friends