95 degrees heat tape

roger

The info on 4" or 11" heat tape is that u cant go beyond 95 deg.What if i want my warm end at 92 deg.I'm making a rack which is housing rubbermaids.u mean to tell me that if i'm also housing snakes beside my leos and i have to get the temp up there i cant go past 95?

Vegas_Eric

Hello Roger,

When you read that you cannot go beyond 95 degrees with the flexwatt heat tape, that is merely for the benefit of your reptiles. Anything more then that and you will have yourself some crispy critters... Mmmm pass the BBQ Sauce Roger.

Ok on a serious note. Flexwatt can be ran up to temps of 150 - 160 degrees F. and it's commonly used at those temperature settings in commercial applications.

As long as you have your thermostats temperature probe (hopefully your using a good reliable thermostat) taped on the flexwatt (on one of the dark carbon lines) and a temp probe inside your rubbermaid tubs on the hot side, you can turn it up as high as you would like to achieve optimal tub temperatures. If that means turning your thermostat up to 97 degrees to achieve 92 F tub temperatures and your comfortable with that, then you can go ahead and do that.

Just make sure you check the temps in your other tubs to make sure they are in a range that lies within your comfort zone and your not hurting any of your reptiles.

Hope that helps,

Eric

Visit our friends