A bit of sadness to share

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I recently had a shock, I discovered two of my baby leos were missing from a 10 gal tank. I was shocked, for there seemed no avenue for escape... but gone they were.

I've had escapes before, so I began to hunt along the floor, confident I would find them fairly quickly. But no luck. So I moved up a 'level' searching higher places they might have accessed. I didn't find them, instead I found my 3 foot kingsnake. I didn't even know she was loose! I can only suppose that she consumed my missing hatchlings, for I never found any trace of them. Kingsnakes are known for eating other reptiles, including rattlesnakes. Turns out, geckos are tasty. *SIGH*

I think I need a second reptile room...:(

Eve Saint

Leolover I am so sorry to hear about this!
I remember the first day I got Diamond, she was nervous after coming in from the petstore. She escaped through the tiny opening in the tanks top I had at the time. I figured to look all over like you did, but then I thought to look in the closet. I found her in the closet and learned to never leave a little opening in the future. But I think perhaps the closets are a perfect place to look. I dont know your kingsnake well, but Im sure you feed him well, and there is a chance he never ate the young Leo's--- try the closet or under the stove. I wish you good luck!:(

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Oh no! :( That's exactly why I'm too terrified to own snakes, even though I love them. Sorry for your loss. There's been a lot of sad new on here lately.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
So sorry you can't find those little guys :( That is one of the WORST feelings. Maybe they'll still turn up..

Visit our friends