A couple of genetic questions

xanderville

hmmmm.......
I am slowly understanding the genetics of all these morphs. I just was wondering the possible outcomes of these pairings. I'm making punnet squares and I am kind of lost on these.

(male)Mack Super Snow Enigma het Raptor x (female)Raptor het Eclipse

(male)Raptor het Eclipse x (female)Mack Snow Enigma(Black Hole) het Raptor

(male)Raptor het Eclipse x (female)Mack Super Snow het Raptor

Thanks guys. I hope its not too complicated

little98dime

I am slowly understanding the genetics of all these morphs. I just was wondering the possible outcomes of these pairings. I'm making punnet squares and I am kind of lost on these.

(male)Mack Super Snow Enigma het Raptor x (female)Raptor het Eclipse

(male)Raptor het Eclipse x (female)Mack Snow Enigma(Black Hole) het Raptor

(male)Raptor het Eclipse x (female)Mack Super Snow het Raptor

Thanks guys. I hope its not too complicated

if I'm not mistaken,... you have to have Eclipse to have a RAPTOr. From what I have read, RAPTOr is a combination of Eclipse, Patternless, and Tremper Albino. So really, a RAPTOr can't be het for Eclipse.... but I'm just gettin ginto this myself, so I may be wrong.

Wandering Paddle

if I'm not mistaken,... you have to have Eclipse to have a RAPTOr. From what I have read, RAPTOr is a combination of Eclipse, Patternless, and Tremper Albino. So really, a RAPTOr can't be het for Eclipse.... but I'm just gettin ginto this myself, so I may be wrong.

You are on the right track.... any eclipse tremper is basically a Raptor. Raptors cant be het eclipse because they have to be homozygous for the trait.

xanderville

hmmmm.......
Ok. That eliminates one part that was throwing me off. Now take out the het eclipse on the raptors. What are the results?

xanderville

hmmmm.......
The eclipse really throws me off sometimes. Just cause of how there is an actual eclipse gecko. And then the eclipse trait that is shown in the eyes. I have still got alot to learn. But i am really curious to find out the offsprings from the pairs I listed. I have been working on punnet squares for a couple weeks now. Its just so mind-boggling when there is many traits involved.

paulh

I'm not surprised that you get lost. I figure there are around 4 gene pairs involved. Which makes Punnett squares of up to 216 boxes. Have I mentioned before that only masochists do Punnett squares with more than 2 gene pairs? :main_laugh:

A branching system needs half the time (or less) that a Punnett square requires. I did a post on using a branching system on another forum. Here's the URL:
http://iansvivarium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2120&start=0

There is an on-line morph calculator for leopard geckos, too. I've misplaced the URL, but you may be able to do a search and find it. Good luck.

Visit our friends