A little confused with supplements

CaptainChai

I have Rep-Cal Herptivite Multivitamins, ReptoCal (Calcium and Vitamin D3 with "small level of phosphorus"), and Plain Calcium from Exo-terra. I understand that I should keep a bit of the plain calcium in a separate bowl for when my geckos want it. I am however a bit iffy on how often to dust feeders with the multi and calcium + d3.

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Different people have different opinions, which is why it's confusing. Years ago, there seemed to be worry that leos weren't getting enough calcium, probably because so many people got them from the pet store, didn't get any supplementation info and consequently didn't supplement. People started going crazy about supplementing enough. These days there seems to be some indication that leos are being over supplemented and may have health problems because of it. The info I'm reading lately suggests not keeping calcium in the enclosure at all and dusting feeders with calcium w/ D3 and vitamins 1-2 times a week. I hope that's helpful. You may hear from other people who do it differently, but there's probably more than 1 way to do things.

Aliza

Visit our friends