A Little Confusion

Rell18

I'm confused about the supplements. I know of three supplements: rep-cal calcium without d3, rep-cal calcium with d3, and rep-cal herptivite multi-vitamins.

I know you have to keep the pure calcium in the cage 24/7. How often do I dust the feeders with the calcium with d3 and how often with the herptivite multi-vitamins?

prettyinpink

There's a lot of debates over supplementing, some people say they have the best method, others say they do. So everyone has different opinions.

If you take a look at the care sheets here and skip over to the supplement part they all explain what they do, and they all have different methods.
http://geckoforums.net/articles.php?c=115

Hope this helps!

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
There has been much debate on the subject of suppliments so I would suggest a simple search typing suppliments int eh search bar but until then... here is what I personally do and find the easiest. I use Repashy calcium plus ICB (or you can use the T-Rex version leopard geck dust complete). What I like about this is it is a complete suppliment, calcium, d3, and multi vit all in one. No mixing needed like some f the others, and you can dust every feeding (as recommended by repashy) or every other feeding depending on the age of your leo from what I've heard from some other long term herp raisers.

I use the repashy and I dust my 9 mos old leo every other feeding, he eats 3x a week, about 1-2 supers a feeding. If you use a complete suppliment like the repashy you DO NOT keep another dish of pure calcium in the tank or your leo coud develop calcium bubbles under their arm pits. I was doing that and sure enough Eros developed a calcium bubble from the excess calcium he was eating on his own and what was dusted by me. I immediately removed teh extra calcium dish as was suggested by a couple really good friends here on the forum and the bubble (now going into it's third week I believe) is almost gone.

roger

I'm confused about the supplements. I know of three supplements: rep-cal calcium without d3, rep-cal calcium with d3, and rep-cal herptivite multi-vitamins.

I know you have to keep the pure calcium in the cage 24/7. How often do I dust the feeders with the calcium with d3 and how often with the herptivite multi-vitamins?

calcium everyother day,d3 monthly and vitamins weekly IMO

Visit our friends