A Little Help

NagyReptiles

So I bred this little fattie and it looks really light and washed out, and I wanted to get some thoughts from people with more knowledge as I mainly breed boas.

This is what it looks like when it's in his/her light phase

0010.jpg

0012.jpg

And in it's dark phase

0008.jpg

All comments welcome

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If the darker color bands were black when he was born, then he's a nice normal, possibly with tangerine coloring. If the bands were brown/beige when he was born, I would guess he's amelanistic (meaning the parents are both het). I would be surprised that 2 wild caught geckos would be amelanistic, though. Many of my normal geckos get quite light as they age, especially, I find, if they are brought up in a rack.

Aliza

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
If that did infact come from 2 wild caught adults, I want it! LOL! I really don't know what to think of that animal. Some kind of Amel or Caramel type.

NagyReptiles

They did indeed come from W/C adults (or to the best of my knowledge they are W/C) both parents have been in my collection for 7+ years and were adult when I got them. I breed Boas and they were just pets in my collection so I thought for poop's and giggles I would try and breed them.

So my question is how long would that really light one have to stay that colour before I can be certain it's not just a pretty normal?

On a side note it's sibling looks more like a normal ATF, as for their caging they are in clean rubbermaids and not in a rack system.

Visit our friends