A question from the UK.

G

gex23

Hi guys - I'm Anthony from the UK (long time lurker, first time poster)

I am in the process of setting up a vivarium for some Underwoodisaurus milii. However im struggling to find out how many US gallons my vivarium is and just how many U.Milii would comfortably live in it.

The dimensions are (all in inches) L 30" x W 23" x H 20".

These geckos are scare in the UK at the moment, however I have found a hobbyist selling a single male and trio of females, but will not split the females up and so I was wondering if a 1.3 group would be 'happy' in a tank if the above dimensions?

Great forum BTW.

Many Thanks

Anthony

kenske

Welcome to GF!

The dimensions suggests that it is 59.74 US Gallons.

I Cannot not answer your question about the milii, i have no experience with them

G

gecko eyes

If Kenske is correct about the terrarium being 59.74 gallons then your geckos would be extremely happy in there. You could even settle for a 30 or maybe even 20 if you wanted.

G

gex23

If Kenske is correct about the terrarium being 59.74 gallons then your geckos would be extremely happy in there. You could even settle for a 30 or maybe even 20 if you wanted.

Thanks a lot, gonna leave him / her in the 59 gallon for now though, got another question if you can help?

The stat is controlling a 23" x 11" 28 w heatmat, situated under 1/3 of the vivarium. I keep the warm side at 28 C (82 F) and a cool side at room temp around 19 C (66 F), with a night time temp of 24 C (75 F). Are these temps ok? Ive had the gecko for a few days now and she seems very inactive (although feeding!)

Many thanks

Anthony

Visit our friends