A quick hello from Turkey (the country, not the bird, ahem)

Kristoff

Just wanted to say hello. I'm Lena, and I have tortoises, not geckos. Like a few recent members here, I joined after our beloved tortoiseforum.org went offline for a few days. Glad to see the spammers being pushed out and gecko people coming back. Who knows, might get one of those fascinating animals some day - daughter has been nagging me to get her a gecko after she started watching PJ Masks (an awful cartoon with a gecko superhero). :D

Tidgy's Dad

Just wanted to say hello. I'm Lena, and I have tortoises, not geckos. Like a few recent members here, I joined after our beloved tortoiseforum.org went offline for a few days. Glad to see the spammers being pushed out and gecko people coming back. Who knows, might get one of those fascinating animals some day - daughter has been nagging me to get her a gecko after she started watching PJ Masks (an awful cartoon with a gecko superhero). :D
Welcome, Lena. ;)
I too am thinking seriously about a captive gecko now, not just the ones that live in my walls. :)
I'll start doing some research, I think.:G:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
At the moment I have 50 geckos (mostly leopard geckos, of which 7 are still for sale), 1 anole (showed up from Florida in a friend's ornamental grasses), 2 bearded dragons and a trio of tree frogs. The first gecko of the 2017 season hatched this morning, Coleonyx elegans. See picture below. I'll warn you that this all started 14 years ago with me getting "one gecko".

Aliza

Attachments

• elegans1.jpg
    elegans1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

Kristoff

At the moment I have 50 geckos (mostly leopard geckos, of which 7 are still for sale), 1 anole (showed up from Florida in a friend's ornamental grasses), 2 bearded dragons and a trio of tree frogs. The first gecko of the 2017 season hatched this morning, Coleonyx elegans. See picture below. I'll warn you that this all started 14 years ago with me getting "one gecko".

Aliza
What a gorgeous baby!! I wasn't into reptiles - or I thought I wasn't - until I rescued my first tortoise, Kristoff, and thus began a love story. I have some major transition coming up in my life but once I settle down again, a gecko, or 5, might be it. :)

Jetfire

Hi. I personally believe EVERYONE needs Geckos. I've got 14 personal pet Geckos (Cresteds, Gargoyles, Leachies, and a Chahoua), and 11 gecko tattoos on my right arm. The kids have their snakes (Western Hognose and a ball python), and my girlfriend has her froggies (Pacman, Pyxie, White's treefrogs, and some darts). And we collectively have 2 Redfoot tortoises ,a spotted turtle, and a couple cats.

Yvonne G

Administrator
Staff member
I really doubt I could ever be talked into getting a lizard of any kind. Chalk it up to having the XXX scared out of me long, long time ago:

Back in the dark ages, when my son was about 8 or 9 years old, we went to the Big Fresno Fair. At that time they were selling green anoles hitched up to a safety pin in some fashion, selling them as chameleons because they changed from green to brown. Every year at the fair my son BEGGED me to please let him have one of these lizards. After a couple years, we finally relented. Trouble was, that little lizard wouldn't stay where he belonged. This was way back in the '50s and I'm sure we had no way of knowing the proper care and enclosure needed for this creature.

So I'm standing at the couch, folding clean laundry. I pick up a towell and this CREATURE jumps off the towell and scares the tar out of me (it really wasn't 'tar' but rather those ignoble X's shown above).

He got me several more times after that before he finally (guessing here, as we never knew for sure) bit the big one and we never saw him again.

This is what started my dislike of lizards. I doubt anything can ever change my mind.

Tidgy's Dad

Hi. I personally believe EVERYONE needs Geckos. I've got 14 personal pet Geckos (Cresteds, Gargoyles, Leachies, and a Chahoua), and 11 gecko tattoos on my right arm. The kids have their snakes (Western Hognose and a ball python), and my girlfriend has her froggies (Pacman, Pyxie, White's treefrogs, and some darts). And we collectively have 2 Redfoot tortoises ,a spotted turtle, and a couple cats.
Most marvelous !
I will look to see if you've posted photos!

Visit our friends