Absolutely Disgusting!

We have recently attended a few reptile shows that are reletively close to our area, and at every single one of them has been a group of individuals that completely make my stomach turn! They're geckos are all absolutely disgusting. They're all sickly and skinny, and we know for a fact one of them that someone bought had parasites. At the most recent show they even had dead ones in the containers that they weren't even aware were dead! Their breeding methods are even more recklass. They say that instead of breeding geckos responsibly, they just take a ton of them and let them all run wild together, in what I am sure from the looks of their animals is most likely extremely over crowded environments, and just "let them breed naturally as they would in the wild". They have even said they've had a bunch of geckos kill eachother from accidently putting a bunch of males together because they don't even know how to sex them!! And that was just the geckos! They had some beardies that were covered in feces and all looked like they were on the brink of death. They had a red and white tegu up there at one of the shows that she said she has fed nothing but table scraps since she had purchased him. He was morbidly obese and literally could not even walk because he was so fat!! Not to mention that they're apparently running some kind of rabbit mill because she straight up told me that she has between 200-300 rabbits, and doesn't have the proper space for any of them. They had them in what looked like a cage with sections that would not even be adequate size for a small gerbil, with 2-3 packed in each section! There was mold in the bottom of all of their cages! What I do not understand is how people like this are allowed to even sale at any show or own any animals for that matter!! It says a lot for the people running those show, is all I have to say! .... *urgh* Sorry for the long rant, I just had to get that off my chest, b/c I am absolutely disgusted by this sort of mistreatment of animals. As soon as I can find out some of their information, I will be reporting them so this will not be continued. :main_angry:

marauderhex

Contact whoever runs the shows that they "vend" at and let them know what's going on. If they are a responsible show owner, they won't be allowed to vend anymore.

animeavatar

I <3 Mu Mu!!
That is disgusting. The rabbit mill should be shut down. Dude! That is like those hoarders!( there was this rabbit hoarder with hundreds of rabbits)

The vender already knows how they are. At one of the shows he actually came over and was talking about it. That's how I even realized how bad it was! That's what makes me so mad is that he knows and still doesn't do anything about it!

They are like hoarders! They have like ten different types of animals there, and they're all that bad. They even sell live feeders and stuff as well that I am praying no one feeds their animals. It's absolutely horrible.

animeavatar

I <3 Mu Mu!!
Ugh! People that know their animals are suffering and dont do anything about it! I would've yelled at him. I don't care if I get kicked out of the expo! Anyways, he should imagine himself in those conditions.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Hoarders would never sell their animals willingly, those people are just "rabbit mills" or "gecko mills". Just trying to make a quick buck without putting any of their own money into it.

Visit our friends