Abyssinian Leopard Geckos. Anybody have one?

Eve Saint

I just discovered another type of leopard gecko.
There are Abyssinian Leopard geckos, and their pigment (or lack thereof in the eyes) stands out and grabbed my attention.
In the future, I would like my third to be one, any body color but with spots. I read that the spots on the abyssinians are brown pigment instead of black. I wont be getting another for a couple of months though.
Anybody have one or can tell me anything? I am just curious. (I grabbed that eye pic off the net.) lol!
Thanks! abyssinian leopard gecko eye.jpg

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I've never heard of them but They look pretty awesome!

Rylee

3 Year Member
Heard of them, don't really know about them though. But there really nice looking, rare too. You must post pics if you get one!

Caleb C

Heard of them, only seen Ron Tremper with them, but I haven't looked into them, I don't really like ones with too much stuff on the body. They don't look too special, and are way overpriced. I did a quick look on Ron's site, and the brown spots are pretty much a bunch of paradox spots, I don't think that it's worth as much as they're charging.

Eve Saint

I wanted one with spots since both my girls are spotless. There are some without so many spots as well I think. I certainly want one with the brown spots though. Lol
I am going to look around for quite a while until I get one, kind of like when I looked all around until I got Leona.

Eve Saint

Heard of them, only seen Ron Tremper with them, but I haven't looked into them, I don't really like ones with too much stuff on the body. They don't look too special, and are way overpriced. I did a quick look on Ron's site, and the brown spots are pretty much a bunch of paradox spots, I don't think that it's worth as much as they're charging.
Too bad he did not have females available!

Geckomaster743

Yeah the eye is sort of a Rare thing because not many breeders hold it but like Caleb said I've only ever seen Ron tremper with them.I also hear they are very over priced though If theres ever been a gecko i wanted to get SO badly it would be..
Halloween Masks - Geckodaddy.com
SuperBlood - leopardgeckos94.de ( Its a German Website though the new morphs are OUTSTANDING! )
Black Pearl Project - Sasobeks Reptiles, Ron Tremper, Private Breeders, Etc.

Rylee

3 Year Member
Yeah the eye is sort of a Rare thing because not many breeders hold it but like Caleb said I've only ever seen Ron tremper with them.I also hear they are very over priced though If theres ever been a gecko i wanted to get SO badly it would be..
SuperBlood - leopardgeckos94.de ( Its a German Website though the new morphs are OUTSTANDING! )
Super bloods are awesome! I personally like blood hypos better.

Eve Saint

I just checked out the German website. There was a type I fell in love with! It was called the HOLY type?
Anyway I dont know much about shipping but is there a way he could ship to me? I asked him a few questions and wating for response. Anybody have any info about this breeder?

Eve Saint

The Geckodaddy website is totally together. The photos are great and the descriptions are perfect and detailed with all the important information I like to see, the hatch date is also something most other sites neglect to put up, which I always love to see. I Think I would rather purchase from the U.S. because it would be less of a travel for the little girl.
I am probably going with geckodaddy sunglows. Thanks for the help everyone, and I will certainly post pics of the new girl when the time comes. ;)

Geckomaster743

I just checked out the German website. There was a type I fell in love with! It was called the HOLY type?
Anyway I dont know much about shipping but is there a way he could ship to me? I asked him a few questions and wating for response. Anybody have any info about this breeder?
Yeah the Holy and the Super blood are truly amazing. Im not sure how you would contact him besides Google Translation, So you would have to copy and paste words.

Caleb C

Yeah, I try not to buy live animals online, because shipping is stressful, and it's an extra $50. Their website is well put together, with some nice morphs. I got a blood tremper for only $75 though, and it's going to grow up to be great, so your local reptile shows might have more to offer.

Eve Saint

Local reptile shows in NYC? I wish!!! I would love to see pics of your blood tremper!
I noticed that sunglows tend to have non pigmented eyes like i like, with the veins in the eyes and all, LOL. So I will be looking around at those for a while.

Visit our friends