Actualy it was $10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaSobek

wow i had this all typed and then the thread it should have been under as closed so here it goes.

The reason I took it a little offensive is well cause in a way it was almost about us .

In life stories get told and retold and people say what they thought they heard and then when it gets retold it goes so why not tell the story from the one who lived it.

At the Hamburg show in PA last month, we had a slight mix up that almost ended in us selling an enigma for 10 dollars. We were running a little late to the show. So we got there about 20 min before the show started. We set up all the display cages and such . When unpacking the geckos a lady and her husband came up to the table and asked us if we had any wholesale babies. We asked how many they wanted and the lady said how many can I get for $100. We told her 10 babies. ( $10 dollars each is an other explanation for another time) as she was going through them 2 enigmas were placed the table by the others. The two enigmas were not labeled or priced. The guy looked at one of them and was like what about this one before I had a chance to say a single word the lady pushed the enigma to the side and said “no that one is ugly” as you can imagine Alberto and I looked at each other and laughed. Thinking if these people only knew. This was told to a few people and by the time I reheard it it was to the point that we were selling enigmas for $15 each and that they were all under the table and that we had 1000 of them.

A few facts about that show

We did take enigmas (no Mack or albino or any other combo) that we did put on the table and they were not labeled nor did they have any price on them at all. The whole show no one even asked what they were or what the price was.

We did not try to wholesale any enigmas at that show to anyone.

We do not have 1000’s of enigmas. We don’t even have 1000 geckos we might have 500 geckos all together and that is every single one of them (enigma and non enigma breeders and babies).

We have sold less then 15 enigmas ever in the US. that is shows and online sales. and we will be the last people to lower the price of enigmas to the point of what are they thinking. the price on enigmas is going to fall. alot of people are getting afraid and are dumping geckos for prices lower then what they want for them. its a bad time right now and our gecko market (US) is suffering from it. i do hope it turns around but i think it is going to get much worse before it gets better and that is sad.

SaSobek

well at first i didnt know the thread was started and then i watched it for a few days and i thought it was someone at the chicago show. because i had heard something about that show as well. and then some one said something about what Marcia said thinking it was pertaning to me and A&M so of course i took it as the whole thread is a poke at us. and get upset again.

me and Marcia have some things we need to talk about and i dont think on here is where we should be posting our issues. we are both just great friends to our friends and we both dont like see eye to eye because of it. its sad childish and im sorry that the forum has to see that. again i am sorry to the forum.

KelliH

wow i had this all typed and then the thread it should have been under as closed so here it goes.

Yeah, I closed the thread because I really don't think it belongs here, nor do I think people's private crap needs to be displayed in a public forum. SO stop it. I provide this website for all of us to use, you included Matt, and I don't particularly care for all this personal BS to be aired out publically.

I am asking that it stop now. I don't close threads very often but when I do it means I want the discussion on the topic to cease, not that I want new threads started so the crap can continue.

Might I suggest that everyone take a chill pill? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends