Adding a girl

sk8ergrl927

So I will hopefully be getting my new girl next week. ( yes Im sending the money Paul :p )

The question is...

A. Get a 10 gallon for her?
or...
B. Put a divider in my 20 gallon?

What would Yall do?

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
i dont have second leo before but it;s best if have seperte tank for her, it would suit her than being bitten or fight whatever by another leo.
They are not "social animals" You should know better. :) no offenese.

shadowdragon619

Finds me a dragon!
i plan on getting another one too. My first leo is in a ten gal, so i plan on moving her to a 20 gal, and then putting the new one in the ten gal. then when they're bigger, i'll put them both in the 20 gal. but then i'll have an empty 10 gal, i guess i'll have to get another leo, lol

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Def separate them so you can ensure no bugs or anything came along with the gecko somehow. After 90 days you can put them together if you would like...as long as size and weight are not too different. I like keeping mine all separate anyways...I think they develop better. I give mine yard time (with other leos) every now and then...esp when my son wants to hold and play with them.

prettyprincess3690

They are not "social animals" You should know better. no offenese.

Heyyyy, if she knew better, she wouldn't be on here asking us for advice:)!

Anyways, there are many conflicting opinion on this subject; leos don't NEED company, but if they have a tank mate who's around the same size and weight, they usually get along just fine, especially as girls.

You MUST quarantine your new gecko for at least 30 days, but preferably between 60-90 (in separate tanks) and you can definitely look into keeping them together once the quarantine period is over.

Good luck!

Visit our friends