Adjustable DIY Rack

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
my first attempt at a rack. shelves are foam board, but not as sturdy as i would like. next one will be made with 1/2" expanded pvc sheets. used 6' long 5/8th inch threaded rod, bottom shelf is 2' x 4' 1/2" sealed hardwood sheet. completely adjustable and expandable. for now i have heat cable running in a zig zag pattern across the backs, but that's temporary until i get the flexwatt run for belly heat. total cost without heat, 60 dollars.

9tislj.jpg

o0tevc.jpg

closeup of hatchling/young racks
mctbgz.jpg

closeup showing different tub sizes
fvl0zp.jpg

Last edited:

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
i already had about 50' of heat cable, think i spent a total of 20 dollars on those. as far as the flexwatt, i have a 10 foot strip of 11" but only have one set of clips and a rheostat. i think for the flexwatt, clips, cable, and rheostat shipped i paid about 40 dollars. i plan on cutting the flexwatt into smaller strips but its going to take a while as im going to directly solder the wires to the flexwatt instead of using clips. so total investment with heat should still be right at or under 100 dollars.

tb144050

If it isn't stickied, it should be! A++ Great theory for custom-sized homebuilt shelves!! Also, increasing the Depth and bracing the 4 rods together will maximize stability. :)

Visit our friends