Advice for Homeschoolers

M

misanthorpe

I have had it with the politics and substandard educational agendas of my school district. I have decided to home school my 7th grader for at least the next and possibly subsequent (8th grade) years.

I am scholastically, intellectually, and educationally competent to undertake this "mission". But, I am clueless about the practical realities of teaching one's own (early pubescent!:brood: :furious3: :shocked: :stars: :wall:) offspring.

I'd appreciate any coaching, advice, links, enlightenment, references, etc. that others, that have been there (schoolers as well as schoolees), can offer.

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
I had considered homeschooling my children well always planned on it, my now 6 year old is just not one to sit down and listen for a period of time that would allow that to happen, my almost 4 year old would be a great one for that.

What I found while looking into this is that you need some support system and the amazing ability to teach your own.

I have some yahoo groups saved that are all natural home schooling moms I will get my links together and send you a list.

brandy101010

I was homeschooled for a little while in high school and I loved it. It was a little different though because I had a teacher come to my house. I got straight A's for the first time in my life on my report card with the exception of music theory class because my teacher knew nothing about it. which i just retook the following year when I went back to school and passed. I would Highly recomend it as long as you also have your kids into something where they can interact with kids in some other way. like a sport or something.

Visit our friends