Advice/ slow down?

mikedf13

So...yeah, Saturday, my Leo loved me, today she hates me. I had to clean my tank and so I had to put her in a small tub - she hated it. She ate a few worms and dubias afterwards, so she's still eating, but wants absolutely nothing to do with me.

Saturday, she had a little scare with a mini-dehumidifier and after a quick checkup to make sure she was ok (which required a pick up), I put her back in the tank. Not 20 seconds later, she wanted back in my hands. Now, she wants very little to do with me (except food). So, I am going to treat it like square one.

I am only going to go in the tank for the time being to feed, spot clean, mist her moist hide and refill her water bowl. (Every time I go into my tank, I'll click my tongue softly or speak quietly)

After a week from now, I will start regularly talking to her by her tank to let me get used to my voice. Probably do that for about a week or so.
Then after that, I will put my hand in my tank and let her decide what she wants and when (while encouraging handling). I'm going to treat today as the first day I got her instead of in the middle of week 4. I want to do right by her as well as be able to handle her.

So, that is my plan going forward. (I am putting off changing her heating system - was going to go to DHP but I am going to wait until she is definately more comfortable).

Sound good? Oh, and if she has to be tong fed (or have the worms put in front of her so she can eat [her prefered method I have found]) will any of that affect the above? Would it make her get more comfortable with me quicker?

Any advice would be greatful.

Visit our friends