Aft vs Leo Care differences

brillobee

Glittering Geckos
How much different is the care for AFT as compared to Leopards? I have a few leopards, but i love those chubby fatties, and was thinking about getting one.

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
Not much different at all, just need to mist them once in a while. Search this place, this has been discussed a thousand times before. Oh, and you won't be sorry you got one, they are frickin awesome! Much less "skitish" than leopards. Better for handling.

LZRDGRL

The only downside is they are harder to breed, but if you only get one, that won't be an issue. Also, they're generally more expensive, and that won't change in the near future. But you can probably get a nice Tangerine or Amel for a good price. Post a pic when you have it! :main_yes: You're lucky, you're in Canada. TUG has awesome AFT's.

Chrissy

brillobee

Glittering Geckos
Tug was where I was thinking of getting one from. I've already have a Leo order from them in the works. Do they need to be misted daily like cresties?

LZRDGRL

It depends on how humid it is where you live. Here in Southern Illinois, it's so humid that paper towels mold if I spray daily. I mist my AFT's when I notice they're going into a shed, and sometimes in between when their paper towels get drier. But I don't do it every day here. Do you have a substrate that keeps humidity in? I'm using top soil mixed with sphagnum moss now in my adult cages.

Chrissy

brillobee

Glittering Geckos
It is super dry here in the winter. My Leo's paper towels dry out every couple of days. I don't have any substrate , yet . I'm still in the planning stages. I was think about using a plastic tub for housing as this would be easier to keep humid.

Visit our friends