After eating stomach bulges, but still no tail...

Linford

Hey guys, Iv found that after feeding ‘Roger’ my 5 month old little guy seems to put on bulge just in his stomach area instead of his tail. Now I know tail fat takes a while to accumulate over a period of time, but after feeding my leopard gecko seems to spend a fair 16 hours sleeping until the stomach bulge has reduced without any noticeable tail fat increase (observed over 3ish months).

His excretion is normal, so should I be worried? or is my gecko 'biting off more than he can chew' and just being overly greedy in one feeding sitting for more than his stomach can handle?

Many thanks
:main_thumbsup:

JordanAng420

What feeder insects are you using? Mealies and supers can help with putting on weight, but I like to vary the kinds of insects they get as much as possible. A lot of people will say waxworms, but you really shouldn't use those on a regular basis.

LizMarie

Well he might be growing and adding it to this tail but might be REALLY small and can't see it. I've had my leo for almost a year and for months we ate and ate and ate and it seemed as if she wasn't moving any fat into her tail but in the last few months I've noticed a HUGE change and obviously that didn't happen over night but over a long period of time. Just be patient as long as he's eating and healthy take it easy. I would pull my hair out at times thinking what is WRONG it's been months and I see no change but no I'm like WOW!

So in the end it might be there but it might be so small that you can't tell, at least that's what I think.

Visit our friends