Age?

Coils

Gecko Geek
About how old is a gecko that weighs 23 grams and could you tell the sex at this age visibly?

Starwild

Gex 'n Snakes
It's kind of hard to tell by weight because different geckos are likely going to weigh different amounts at the same age. But if I had to guess, I'd say maaaybe two, three months old or thereabouts?

You can take a look and see if you can spot the pores or bulges but it will probably be a while before you can tell 100%.

Coils

Gecko Geek
It's kind of hard to tell by weight because different geckos are likely going to weigh different amounts at the same age. But if I had to guess, I'd say maaaybe two, three months old or thereabouts?

You can take a look and see if you can spot the pores or bulges but it will probably be a while before you can tell 100%.

Thanks, I was guessing 2-3 myself, but wasn't sure.

And soooo faaar I don't see anything at all down there...i would have to say female for sure by the looks of it -now-, but if stuff might show up later then...lol

mariex4

hi pictures would be good im having same problem ,but read an artical and it said that males resemble females till around 6month now my male u can just slightly see a V shape forming so im guessing hes around the 6 months mark and he waighs 25 gramms

Riyo

Pet Human
hi pictures would be good im having same problem ,but read an artical and it said that males resemble females till around 6month now my male u can just slightly see a V shape forming so im guessing hes around the 6 months mark and he waighs 25 gramms

Some females have dimpled scales in that area in a V shape (or stand out), so that can be misleading. It can also be noticeable before 6 months. 25g is pretty small for the average 6 month old. Just my .02. :)

Coils

Gecko Geek

I can get a picture sometime soon if you want it...I am going to guess this is going to be female, but again I can't be 100% sure...there are small indents in a v-shape, but it's the female white indents that are just dimples so far. I don't know if this changes?? But if I had to guess now at 23g I'd say female. There are no bulges at all either.

Visit our friends