All but out of options here.

Adinar

Loki started eatting again on her own off and on for the past few weeks, but now she's back to not eatting. A few days ago I had tile cut and put it in her cage to help with temps and belly heat ( day time temps are around 91-92) since the tile stays pretty warm. She was doing good eatting and all, but just hasn't been gaining any weight. She actually dropped about 3 grams during the month. She's already been wormed and medicated, but doesn't look like any of this has helped. All she does is just lay in her moist hide and sleep.

The vet has been virtually useless and we've been there several times trying to get an answer. (he is a herp vet, and one of two in the area. The first one didn't know s***.) Whenever I call or have her checked out, I get a line about "her will to live" and such, but no answers.

The past few days I've noticed her belly is looking darker and seems a little bloated. (Pics will be up some time tomorrow, my camera battery is dead and charging.)

She's been eatting slurry off and on, as well as reptia-aid and jump start... but none of these seem to be doing anything at this point.

I don't know what else to do for her. She's soaking in warm water/gatoraide right now. I'm at a loss, and I'm afraid she will be our 4th loss to whatever it is going on here. But at this point I don't know if it's worse putting her through all of this, but I still want to give her a chance before making the final call. :cry:

I just took her out of her soak a few minutes ago and noticed in front of her left back leg on her side was a blueish splotch. Almost looks like a bruise does on us. Any clues as to what it is and what could've caused it?

Last edited:

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I'm so sorry Val. I wish I had some advice for you, but I hope she pulls through it.

ILoveGeckos14

Have you tried giving a pro-biotic? I know that pro-biotics can help suppress unhealthy amounts of fungi and prevent overgrowth. The antibiotics could have made way for a fungal infection to take over. These are just guesses though. I hope she gets better for you.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I'm sorry you're going through this; I hope there is nothing serious with your gecko.

Have you tried a product called "Reptoboost"? Everytime I take my gecko to the vets, they'll give us Reptoboost powder to soak the gecko in. It is a blended mixture of glucose and maltodextrins for energy, electrolytes and probiotics (copied from label). It works; as long as there aren't serious illness behind, usually after several soaks, the gecko will start eating again (just 15 minutes sessions once or twice a day).

Adinar

I'm sorry you're going through this; I hope there is nothing serious with your gecko.

Have you tried a product called "Reptoboost"? Everytime I take my gecko to the vets, they'll give us Reptoboost powder to soak the gecko in. It is a blended mixture of glucose and maltodextrins for energy, electrolytes and probiotics (copied from label). It works; as long as there aren't serious illness behind, usually after several soaks, the gecko will start eating again (just 15 minutes sessions once or twice a day).

Interesting, they never mentioned that. To be honest I've never heard of it. Normally when I soak her, I do gatorade and warm water. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they know anything about it or can get me it.

Visit our friends