All Together....

Deko Gecko

Do some one should keep Male and Females in the same tank all the time?
This is something that we could debate!!!!! What do you think they could be together all year long? it this cause this much stress to the leopard?!

I Think:
They cuold be together! if they have the space.. and few hidding spaces!!! with out any problem!!!! What do you think?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I've posted this before, but I"ll put it here again. I generally keep my breeding groups together from Jan.-Oct or whenever I have empty cage space for the males. The males usually breed eagerly from about Jan.-June and then "lose interest" and stop bothering the females. I don't know if I'm going to be able to separate the males this year because I have so many hatchlings.

I have 1 male I don't breed who is full-time in a tank with a female who doesn't seem to ovulate anymore. She tends to hang out in her magnet hide all the time so he doesn't see her much. Interestingly, during breeding season, if she ever did come out, he'd attempt to mate with her, she'd evade him and he'd leave her alone. At this time of the year, if he encounters her he leaves her alone. I had another female in with him but he did bother her more and she got stressed out.

I imagine it depends on the specific geckos in question, but I've had no significant problems with male and females together.

Aliza

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Right now I am housing my my and female because they are too young to breed.Sooner or later I will have to get another tank for the male if I do not want to breed them.

Visit our friends