Alternative to powdering...

Skydiver Keith

So, we put Panacur on our critter's nose to be licked off.

Therefore, why can't we make a concentrated solution of Repashy Plus and dose them the same way?

Wouldn't it be easier and more accurate supplementation?

Have any of you tried this?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
panacure (fenbendiazole) is a dewormer not an organic (herbal/natural) suppliment like repashy. Adding water to a dry solution could possibly change the delicate balance in the ratio in the suppliments.

fl_orchidslave

It seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth to give a wet dose of supplement, even if they lick it from their noses. For our leos that get meals or small supers, I just put a pinch of Rephashy's on the worms in their dishes and swirl it around a bit. Next year I may have to use a sifter to dust small worms.

fl_orchidslave

On the big superworms, yes, those are shaken to coat. Just little worms get swirled, and they're well coated. It's easier for me rather than plucking out all the little ones after dusting. A lot of mouths to feed takes time and this was one way I could streamline it some.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
That makes sense. I wasn't sure how large your collection was. I also heard some times the shaking on the lil wormies makes them less active (or kills them) and the leos just don't want them as much.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I do use the "dip finger in water, dip in Repashy's and put on gecko's nose" method for geckos where I'm worried they're not eating well and not getting the supplement. I figure that the supplement is going to get wet in their mouths anyway and delivering it immediately shouldn't mess up the concoction too much.

Aliza

Visit our friends