Am I supplementing right?

K

Kristy

My six week old crestie doesn't like the CGD. I personally like feeding babyfood and crickets so I figured I would stick with that since I know for sure he is eating it. My question is am I supplementing him right?

Heres the schedule I am using

Sunday- Tuesday Babyfood w/ Pure Calcium
Wednesday- Crickets w/ Pure Calcium
Thursday -Friday Babyfood w/ Pure Calcium
Sat. Babyfood and Crickets w/ Multivitamin and D3
(the reason he gets both babyfood and crickets on sunday is to make sure he is getting his d3)

If this isn't right please let me know so I can fix it asap.
Also I would feed the CDG if I could mix it with baby food, but knowing that that throws off the balance I don't want to screw it up. Also I love watching him eat crickets.
Thank You guys,
Kristy

S

sacredcreatures

Hi Kristy, Your schedule sounds pretty good but you really need to add more CGD. Mine hardly ate it at first either but the whole point is CGD has everything they need. Feeding crickets every other day is fine even if you are using the CGD. I also put a small calcium dish in their cages, a mealworm dish , a water dish and the CGD or babyfood dish and once a week I will give them some of their fave babyfood. Plus you can also give them a treat of nectar. I figure they decide what foods they want to eat but I have offered a variety. I give them small mealworms and 2/3 crickets for adults and 1/8 crickets for babies. I tried the mixture of babyfood with CGD at first and they ate it but on some babyfoods it tasted really bad so I stopped that.I also spray the cage twice a day but sometimes only once if I am not home. They love to lick the leaves with water drops on them, that is also cute to watch too. Good Luck, Deb :D

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kristy

I know it is very cute to watch them. Thanks for your response. I have started adding in the CGD with the baby food now. Still feeind crickets once a week. I managed to get him to eat it the CGD as long as it is mixed in with fruit baby food. Then I will slowly reduce the baby food. I am thinking about ordering the MRP from Pangea, with the flavoring. I heard they take better to that stuff. Then I will still give him a little baby food treat here and there. Thanks again,
Kristy

Here he is eating some baby food, he is too cute
Picture030.jpg

gecko_man2

I don't know if it is any help but one of my breeders of cresties is stuck on his ways of feeding and I follow what he does which is feeding the cgd to the crickets and also mixing it with the baby food. I feed baby food and crickets daily. I also mix repcal with the babyfood and dust the crickets. All of my cresties seem to be doing fine and the ones that I sold before I had to move are all alive and on pretty much the same diet with the lady I sold them to.

Visit our friends